Sign in to follow this  
kdboost

Need help with changing the color of the navigation

kdboost

I can't locate which control will change the navigation bar color. I can change the hover, and links etc. So two questions, can I add a gradation color or change the color in general. I know CSS and Wordpress well enough to be dangerous... thanks in advance.

catrina

You can add the gradation color using an image or just change the background color using a hex code. Are you using Firebug? If not, that would be very helpful in locating the correct CSS to change: http://getfirebug.com/

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

kdboost

yes, i've been using firebug all morning trying to fine tune the header. so is there a control within platform pro settings or am i changing actual css style? which leads to am I supposed to use the child themes for this change?

kastelic

You have to use actual CSS rules to change the nav color. You don't need the child theme, you can put all the code in Custom Code -> Custom CSS. Search the forum for this because it comes up a lot and there are lots of examples solved in previous posts.