Sign in to follow this  
msmills3g3i

Need to Remove Features and Boxes from BuddyPress Pages

msmills3g3i

Hello, I need to remove the features and boxes from buddypress pages. There doesn't seem to be a way to turn these functions off on the buddypress part of the site or on the classified plug-in I am using. Please advise as soon as possible.

kastelic

I think the easiest way would be to go into Template Setup and remove Features and Boxes from the Default page template. Then go to the pages you want the features and boxes to appear and set them as a different template, one with features and boxes. Does that make sense?

msmills3g3i

Yes, but then how can I make sure they show on my home page? Right now it works on default and on pages and posts I can un-select it...but I can't unselect it for Buddypress as it is neither a page or post.

msmills3g3i

Actually I only want them on the home page.

kastelic

Is your home page also your blog page or does it need to be? If not you can create a static homepage.

msmills3g3i

My home page is my blog page, but it does not need to be, nor do I want it to be. How do I change it?

kastelic

Make a new page called "Home". set the template to the features template or whatevery you want. Then go into Settings -> Reading and set your front page as a static page and select "Home". Set your blog page to whevever you want your posts to appear or leave it blank if you don't have a blog. Then go into Appearance -> Menus and create a new Menu. add all the pages or categories you want in to the menu and reorder them at will. Make sure to set this new menu as your primary menu in the drop-down at the top left.

msmills3g3i

A million times over, thank you! Thank you very much!

jpereirinha

Hi Jimmy: Suppose that I have a problem similar to this. i.e., want to have features only in my home page, but also need that it be my blog page. Is this possible? I've tried to create a page to use it as my home page and changed to hold posts. Also set it as an custom type of page, but it doesn't assume particular settings, as features and such. Best regards, P_

catrina

I think it's possible to have features on your home page if it's a blog page since that's the default home page... unless I'm interpreting your post incorrectly.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jpereirinha

Hi Catrina: Thanks for your reply. Yes, it's possible. My problem is that i only want features to be visible on home page. Instead, they also appears on search results pages, on category pages, etc.

kastelic

Jose, unfortunately at this time, the only thing you can do is hide the features on these pages via CSS, for example:

.archive #feature, .category #feature, .search #feature{
	display:none;
	}

Put this in Custom Code -> Custom CSS They are working on this for future updates though, I believe.

jpereirinha

That's it, great. It solved my problem. Thank you.