Sign in to follow this  
ocean

Increase width between main column and sidebar?

ocean

I'm using the latest version of Platform Pro. I'd like to increase the width between the main column and the sidebar in the Layout Editor. I have just one sidebar. The images in my content are hitting the images in my sidebar, with no space in between. I can decrease the width of the sidebar, but I'd prefer to keep it the width it is. Is there a way? (Also, is it possible this could be a feature in the Layout Editor in a future Platform Pro upgrade?)

ocean

Hi Catrina I'd post a link but I'm building the site on a temp url that has my cpanel username and IP. As this forum is public, I thought I wouldn't post it. What I mean is the blue separator line between the main and sidebar. xUwJw.jpg

timlinson
The images in my content are hitting the images in my sidebar, with no space in between.
Is this the only reason you're asking for the padding? If so, you could add something like this to platformpro > settings > custom code > custom css: `.entry_content img {width:95%;}` If you want to pad that space regardless, you could do something like this: `#maincontent .mcolumn-pad {padding-right: 80px !important;}` Grab a copy of firebug and you can use its inspector to pinpoint elements like this that you want to tweak. Andrew made a video here with a quick primer on firebug (actually he uses padding as his example): http://www.screencast.com/users/arpowers/folders/Jing/media/cf878a1a-029b-4bec-8504-34a19b49fce0

ocean

Thanks Tim, Unfortunately, that code didn't work. I also couldn't pinpoint the width (padding?) bit using firebug (Already have firebug) But thanks for all that info - will check the video when I get a chance :)

timlinson

Hmm, strange.. works on my test installs. This is the original padding rule for `

`: ` .one-sidebar-right #column-main .mcolumn-pad, .one-sidebar-right #container #content, .two-sidebar-right #column-main .mcolumn-pad, .two-sidebar-right #container #content { padding: 2em 30px 0 15px; } `