Sign in to follow this  
wodfanatic

Need help on: Fatal error: Call to undefined function bp_member_add_friend_butto

wodfanatic

So here is the problem: PlatfromPro latest ver. installed I have Buddypress installed w/ BP template pack I have disallowed the "creation of friend connections between users" in "BP component setup." After doing this and viewing "Members Directory" page directly below my profile this erroe appears: Fatal error: Call to undefined function bp_member_add_friend_button() in C:xampphtdocswordpresswp-contentthemesplatformbasemembersmembers-loop.php on line 52 also noticed if I have "creation of friend connections between users" enabled I get a double "add as friend" link. I have used the modified css hack for this but is does not work in IE8: #members-list li .action .friendship-button:nth-child(2n) {display:none;} Primarily I would just like a solution for the FATAL ERROR issue. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

cmunns

This seems more BP related...did you post in their forum?

wodfanatic

This is the solution: Navigate to: htdocs/wordpress/wp-content/themes/platform/members/members-loop.php on line 52 On line 52, replace <?php bp_member_add_friend_button() ?> with <?php if (bp_is_active('friends')) : echo bp_member_add_friend_button(); endif; ?> That keeps the function in there if you ever use Friends again, but takes it out if it??™s turned off. Not sure why this isn??™t the default way of doing this.