Sign in to follow this  
henhus

Problems with Internet explorer and feature box

henhus

Hi, my site is My Site, its displaying just fine in firefox but in explorer the feature boxes dosent allign right, what cause this problem in IE?

Andrew

IE does a poor job of 'auto-correcting' for small validation errors in content. Check your content markup for unclosed tags by running a W3 validation on the page. If that doesn't work; please post a screenshot of what it looks like in IE and I'll do what I can to figure it out...

henhus

I ran a w3 validation and got like 80 errors. I dont understand html so its impossible for me to fix it. http://img33.imageshack.us/i/errorbbu.jpg/ heres an image to the left is explorer, and to the right is Firefox. I want it to be like it is in firefox

Andrew

have you tried adjusting the size of your pictures? This type of thing could also be caused by an 'overflow' problem; which IE is also poor at.

henhus

tried to adjust all the pictures to 100x100 pixels but same problem.

Andrew

If I had a live link I might be able to tell, but I'm suspecting a validation problem; for example, an unclosed tag.

jnoh

do you mind supplying the code you have entered for the feature boxes? This looks like it could be a markup error. When you copy and paste code on our forum be sure to wrap the code in backticks (top left corner of keyboard).

henhus

Feature Box 1 Feature Title (text + html) |<h3><a href="http://www.betalingsterminal.nu /?page_id=25">Stasjon?¦r betalingsterminal</h3>| Feature Box Text + HTML |<p>BBS i5100 - Kan kobles til bredb??nd - Chipkort terminal Kj??p fra kr 4.990,- Leie fra kr 200,-pr mnd</p><p>fbox1</p>|