Sign in to follow this  
davy_yg

How to show different background in each page

davy_yg

I would like to place different background in page. How to do so ? Thanks.

MrFent

Use the following code for each page: .page-id-xxx, {background-image: url("webaddresstothebackgroundpic") !important} On the "page-id-xxx" you need to replace "xxx" with the actual page id number. To find that, go to the page and right click somewhere and select "view page source" You will see a bunch of code, but you want to look for "page-id-" and you will see the number that corresponds to that page. Then just fill in the web address to wherever you have the background image uploaded to.

davy_yg

Where should I insert the code ? In style.css ?

MrFent

no you don't want to mess with style.css. Are you using PlatformPro? If so you can either put the code in the Custom Code section, or put it in Base.css if you have that installed and activated.

mamboinc

Do the same html tags apply for this insofar as the position of the image? For instance, for the regular pagelines background image I specify its vertical position & horizontal position as a percentage. Where, in the solution below, would I specify the position parameters? Much appreciated. .page-id-xxx, {background-image: url("webaddresstothebackgroundpic") !important}

jennajonesdesign
Hey guys, This looks like exactly what I am trying to do. I pasted the code with my image and it doesn't work? Here is what I pasted: .page-id-14, {background-image: url("http://premiertech.us/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/background_home.jpg") !important} Here is a link to the page:http://premiertech.us/home/ Am I doing something wrong? Jenna

butcher
Are you using PageLines 2.0 maybe ? In 2.0 you can setup diffrent background for every page in PageLines Meta Settings by just uploading the ne BG