Sign in to follow this  
Ian

integrating bbPress users and WP users

Ian

Thanks to many for their help in getting my site up and "pseudo running". I'm getting close. The next challenge is within the deep integration of bbPress and WP. My user names don't "cross-pollinate". Now, I think I've done what I'm supposed to do (the keys, and the table that mirrors roles)... so I need help. Some of the symptoms are:

[*]Creating a user in WP has no effect in bbPress. [*]I created an admin role in bbPress before I integrated (or tried to integrate) the users. That admin user is still there, but I can't create any more (there is no "new user" option at all in bbPress). [*]There was a time when I could create a user in bbPress, but, even then, I tried to logon under that user and got an "user does not exist" error. [*]I created a "test user" in WP, and I can logon to WP using that test user, but it won't log me into the Forum automatically. That's about it. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers, Ian

cmunns

Are you using the same DB for both WP and bbPress? Did you copy the auth keys correctly in each config file?

Ian

Thanks Adam... Answer to #1 is "I don't know". How do I confirm that? I followed the "deep integration" instructions fully and all of the look and feel now works, but I'm not sure about the DB's. Quite frankly, although I can get to phpMyAdmin, I haven't mucked about enough with it to be able to open or look at the db's or tables (although I trust it's not too difficult). Answer to #1 is, "yes, auth keys are the same in wp-config and bb-config". Are there any more config files to be concerned about? Also, in wp-config there are additional "salt" keys. Are they relevant? I don't see them in the bb-config file.

Ian

Oops... Answer to #1... then Answer to #2... too much caffeine :)

spalasti

Ian - your initial question included a reference to confusion about the platform and the themes. I am struggling to understand same. Any one know an answer: Did I need to purchase a platform since many of the referenced functions and set up directions are not visible within iblogPro.