Sign in to follow this  
marklamberth

Edit actual CSS files

marklamberth

Hi, I would like to be able to open and edit the actual CSS files instead of imputing additional code into the small custom CSS box. How can I do this? We are using PlatformPro 1.1.4

Sourena

To customize PlatformPro you need to customize "PlatformBase" child theme. You never edit PlatformPro itself. To edit the CSS file open PlatformBase folder and edit "base.css".

alefba.us

Web Development & Design for Right-to-Left languages

marklamberth

You mean open /platformbase/ and edit style.css I think? But yeah, I have that setup and working. Thanks. For other people who want to know how to do this: 1 - Download both platformbase and platformpro .zip files to your drive. 2 - Unzip. you should have 2 main folders. /platformpro and /platformbase 3 - Connect via FTP to your site. Navigate to /public_html/wp-content/themes/ 4 - Upload the 2 folders. 5 - Open a browser and login to wordpress. Go to appearance --> themes 6 - Under Platformbase (not platformpro) select "activate". 7 - That's it. Now, to edit CSS, open your /platformbase folder on your computer, open style.css and add your changes as needed. (Look at the CSS from the style.css in the /platformpro folder, for reference) Upload via FTP.

Sourena

No. The right way to do it is to edit "base.css".

alefba.us

Web Development & Design for Right-to-Left languages

marklamberth

There is no base.css file in the /platformbase/ folder. I'm looking at the folder RIGHT NOW from a fresh download and unzip straight from your website. There is only a style.css. !!!

ricardo

Yes, Mark, you are right, it's style.css. There's no base.css in the 1.4.0 releases. Just a quick tip for you to streamline your upload and editing process: 1 - Download both platformbase and platformpro .zip files to your drive. 2 - Unzip. you should have 2 main folders. /platformpro and /platformbase 3 - Connect via FTP to your site. Navigate to /public_html/wp-content/themes/ 4 - Upload the 2 folders. 5 - Open a browser and login to wordpress. Go to appearance --> themes 5.1 - Click the Install Themes tab and then in Upload link to upload both themes to wordpress. 6 - Under Platformbase (not platformpro) select "activate". 7 - That's it. Now, to edit CSS, open your /platformbase folder on your computer, open style.css and add your changes as needed. (Look at the CSS from the style.css in the /platformpro folder, for reference) Upload via FTP. Although you should edit the themes in your development environment in your computer prior to upload them, you can edit the style.css file in loco going to Appearance > Editor and selecting the appropriate file from the list. Last but not least, don't forget that many of the things you will be editing in the style.css can be set in the various panels of the PlatformPro administration. Ricardo