Sign in to follow this  
lampije

How to change size of h1, h2, h3 - header tags? WHP

lampije

Hello, I'm using WHP and when creating pages, my page title (h1) and within the content, I'll use an h2 tag and they're exactly the same. I am having a hard time understanding why, by default, you've made it so that both the h1 and h2 are the same size??? I don't get it. And, I also don't get why it's so tough to get them changed... I've looked through dozens of posts and there's really no definitive answer- shouldn't this be a super easy thing? Anyways, I've tried to add this to the Custom CSS under Theme Options- body{ h1 {font-size: 24px;} h2 {font-size: 20px;} h3 {font-size: 16px;} } It hasn't changed the size of them at all... I would love a solution that wouldn't be code based as I'm a NOOB for sure. Is there a trick that I'm just not seeing? Maybe something so obvious that I've seen it many times without seeing it? I really am perplexed and seems that it should be really easy to do... Thanks much for any help with this issue!

cmunns

You are looking for all headers of theses sizes to change? For starters it should be this ;) ` body{} h1 {font-size: 24px;} h2 {font-size: 20px;} h3 {font-size: 16px;} `

lampije

Thanks for correcting my misplaced "}". That seemed to help with the h2, h3 tags. They are working- when I change those sizes, they do change on my website. However, no matter what I change the h1 tag to, it seems to remain at 20px. Is there a place somewhere that controls h1 size that overrides this? Or something I'm not getting right? Thanks again...

cmunns

Yes. Likely you are trying to change H1 tags that are more specifically defined and thus overriding your change. e.g. `.pagetitle h1 {}` If you send a link and the H1 that you are after I can help further.