Sign in to follow this  
josh1178

Feature inside of a feature

josh1178

I'm looking to create a feature slider inside of a feature. - Can someone tell me if this is possible already using Platform with some simple modifications or shortcode? - If not, can someone recommend a plugin that works like the feature sliders in Platform? I've found plenty of jquery image sliders, but I need to be able to put html inside of the slider, not just images. - If I need to manually setup jquery to do this, can someone point me in the right direction? I see lots of jquery slider codes, but don't know which is best. Something that doesn't preload would be ideal. Thanks in advance!

ricardo

Hi Josh! That doesn't make a lot of sense... Do you want to have a slider inside another slider? Ricardo

Sourena

You are able to put html inside of the slider. Check the feature's page: dswMM.png

alefba.us

Web Development & Design for Right-to-Left languages

josh1178

Ricardo, yes, I'd like a slider inside of a slider. Sourena, thank you, but that wasn't my question. So, Slider 1 would have a product, with four slides, selectable via thumbnails. I can do this with tabs, but I'd rather have sliders. I have successfully done this with a nivoslider plugin already, but it only allows for pictures, not html. I also have put the slidedecks.com plugin inside of the features which works, but it is expensive and isn't quite what I'm looking for style-wise.

ricardo

Looking at the plugins I get even more confused... where does the feature slider fail you that you need something else? Ricardo

josh1178

Hi Ricardo, thanks for trying. Within a feature I need a slide or tab system. This way I can feature a product and have slides or tabs load more info inside the feature without leaving the page. I think I will end up using a jquery tab plugin to do so as it appears t be the best option.

ricardo

Can't you achieve that with feature sets and feature thumbs? Ricardo

josh1178

I don't think it is possible, unless I can put features/tabs inside of a feature. It needs to be like this: Product 1 SLIDE INFO SLIDE VIDEO SLIDE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS SLIDE Product 2 SLIDE INFO SLIDE VIDEO SLIDE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS SLIDE

ricardo

Maybe I'm missing something but I just see 8 slides that can be inside the same feature set and cycle in that order =) Ricardo