Sign in to follow this  
leah

Add a link/icon to feature-footer

leah

my site: Anshe Chesed Fairmount Temple I'd like to add a link to our online fees/contributions site. I've already added an image where I want the link to be, I'm just not sure which template to add the HTML to.

timlinson

Well since WHPro doesn't have a hook location for the feature nav, I'm not sure how to do this except by adding it into the feature template file, or possibly with scripting. Add this line to the wp-content/themes/whitehousepro3_dev/pro/template_feature.php file immediately after the `

` line (#38 in my version): `fees-and-contributions.jpg`

leah

awesome! that's exactly what I was looking for - I could not find the template_feature.php file. i'm pretty sure this will work; I added icons to the header the same way. I'll keep you posted.

leah

ok my template_feature.php file does not have much in it - def no <div id="featurenav">. I do not have the developer version of WHP.

leah

ignore my previous comment. found it.

leah

ok now I just need to style it and i'm having trouble with the CSS. i created the class "duesicon" and here is the CSS I used: .duesicon { background: none; border-bottom: none; border: none; border-right: none; }

leah

whoops hit submit too soon so that is the CSS i used and it did nothing.

leah

ok one more thing - if i put the link/icon under "featurenav" it messes up the navigation for the other features.

leah

OK! DID IT! I put <div class="duesicon"> Fees and Contributions </div> AFTER "featurenav" and added this CSS .duesicon { float: right; font-size: 100%; font-variant: small-caps; font-weight: bold; } WOOOHOOOO!!!

leah

Thanks. This theme ROCKS. Kudos to all you Pagelines folks. I also use Thesis extensively at the moment, and am constantly impressed with how much more elegant and organized the WHP3 code is. It is much easier to tweak without having a huge amount of coding knowledge. You have to have a freaking PHD in Thesis to successfully modify it to the extent that most clients want. I'm a designer, not a code person, but Pagelines themes make it possible for me to have a successful small, home-based business without having to go back to school! LOVE you people.

leah

btw FYI don't want you to think I'm taking advantage of your fabulous products and customer service - since the Pagelines licensing stipulates that I own each site on which I use this, my pricing structure/contract stipulates that all my clients purchase their own version of WHP3, and I customize it for them, rather than me hosting for them. win-win for everyone ;-)