Sign in to follow this  
david_hartman

Blog Post Link - Post Pages

david_hartman

Hi, I would like to set the blog feed on our site so that the post title does not click through to full post page - just keep the blog feed as it is on this page without clicking through.. http://wpdev.sontagfilm.org/category/news/ Is there a simple way to do this? Thank You, David

cmunns

You could add a filter to your functions.php file ` add_filter ('pagelines_post_title_output','no_link_title'); function no_link_title($title){ $title = get_the_title(); return $title } ` It's untested but it should work

david_hartman

Hm.. it did not like that- immediately got the following error and am now blocked-out from everything. I can go 'back' and delete it, but then it just updates to a page with this error.. locked out on the front and back end with this..

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or '$' in /home/content/16/7168916/html/wp-content/themes/platformpro/functions.php on line 18
Thank You, David

david_hartman

Seriously, I need to get back on the site soon. At least this is just the development site.. Thank You, David

david_hartman

I need to get back on the site! Please Advise! Thank You, David

timlinson

Well, it's strange because that error is what we usually see when people run platformpro on php4 since platformpro itself requires php5.. I don't know, maybe earlier platform versions ran on php4. The code is missing a semicolon on the return statement, but that should have thrown a different error. You can access the platformbase/functions.php file with an ftp client or usually through your host's admin panel.

david_hartman

Ok, I just replaced with the original functions.php to get the site back up. So, back to my question. How do I set the blog feed on our site so that the post title does not click through to full post page - just keeping the blog feed as it is on the following page without clicking through.. http://wpdev.sontagfilm.org/category/news/ Thank You, David

Kate

Hi David, In template.postloop.php you'll find a call to "the_title()". Around that should be an anchor tag (

). Remove the anchor tag (from each side). You'll be good to got after that.

david_hartman

Hi Kate, Not sure I follow what I should be removing. Posting the code from that section below. Also, just to clarify- I don't want to remove the title, just don't want it to link into a full page page post. Thank You, David

<?php if(pagelines('pagetitles') && is_page()):?>
				<h1 class="pagetitle"><?php the_title(); ?></h1>
				<?php pagelines_register_hook( 'pagelines_loop_page_title_after', 'theloop' );?>
			<?php endif;?>

cmunns

Well it only broke because I missed a semi-colon in there. Should be: ` add_filter ('pagelines_post_title_output','no_link_title'); function no_link_title($title){ get_the_title(); return $title; } ` This should do it.

david_hartman

It didn't change anything. I added this to the bottom of the functions.php file (which by the way is in the parent theme.) The post title still clicks through to the post..? Please advise.. Thanks, David

cmunns

It should be in the functions.php file in -Base...which should be activated.

david_hartman

Anyone? Would like to have a fix for this..

david_hartman

Any fix for this? I just want to disable the post title links on my 'News' stream- so its just a simplified feed... http://wpdev.sontagfilm.org/ I'm trying to go fully live with the site in a couple of days.. Thank You, David

cmunns

I'm having issues with this now too. Let me get more input on the filter.

david_hartman

Thanks Adam! Keep me posted! Best, David

david_hartman

I want to remove the title links from the 'News' category here: http://wpdev.sontagfilm.org/category/news/ For the time being we will only be doing brief updates on this category and don't need it to click through to a unique page for each post. Thank You, David