Sign in to follow this  
sidianmsjones

Wow deep integration with PlatformPro's BBPress theme is frustrating!

sidianmsjones

So here's a huge topic on this where they eventually found that the issue has something to do with the way Pagelines has coded the theme: http://bbpress.org/forums/topic/deep-integration-wordpress-bbpress-bb-configphp-errors#post-72126 And something about how the db prefix for bbpress must be different than the db prefix for wordpress, which I don't quite understand how to do. In the meantime I'm getting this error:

Warning: require_once(../wp-load.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sidserver/graciegail.com/forum/bb-config.php on line 65 Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../wp-load.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php5/lib/pear') in /home/sidserver/graciegail.com/forum/bb-config.php on line 65
Here is the code I put into the bb-config.php file:
require_once('../wp-load.php');

sidianmsjones

Also I've gotten the forums to actually work! However whenever you click most the links (Admin, your profile, etc) you get a white error screen. >:F

catrina

Can you screencap the error screen that pops up when you click on those links? I might also have to sign up for an account and log in to see what happens...

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

catrina

That error might be because there's an empty subdirectory or php file. Is the wp-load.php file there?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

sidianmsjones

Yup, wp-load is in the root. Also feel free to make an account at the forum if you need to. Thank you for your help. :)

timlinson

Try using the absolute path: `require_once('/home/sidserver/graciegail.com/wp-load.php');`

sidianmsjones

Tried that before already. :

cmunns

There are plugins out there to assist in the bbPress integration process, have you given those a shot?

sidianmsjones

Looking into them now. No luck so far. Still looking for solutions.

sidianmsjones

Ok I've found no plugins for deep integration. But now I'm finding that some people say you need to use this code:

include_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/../wp-blog-header.php' );

Instead of the wp-load one?? So confusing...

cmunns

`include_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/../wp-blog-header.php' );` is for previous versions of WP and bbPress. What is the main problem...? Shared Logins? You may not have the cookie and Key values entered as the same. You may also not have the two using the same db...double check both

sidianmsjones

If you didn't enter the cookie and key values in the beginning of the install, can you still enter them later? At this point I can't even log in. :(

sidianmsjones

Ok it's letting me log in again, however clicking on Admin gets me that white error page again with this text:

Warning: require_once(../wp-load.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sidserver/graciegail.com/forum/bb-config.php on line 65 Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../wp-load.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php5/lib/pear') in /home/sidserver/graciegail.com/forum/bb-config.php on line 65

cmunns

So it sounds like your directory setup is incorrect. Where did you tell bbPress during the installation that the forum was going to live? Do you remember this step?

sidianmsjones

I do remember that and cannot seem to get back to it. I made a folder in the root called 'forum' and put my bbpress files in there, and then for the initial installation I'm pretty sure I told it to install there.

mfelix55

Hi Everyone, I had some problems with the one line of deep integration code. It took me a while to figure out but originally I copied the text of the code from the bbpress installation instructions and this was my stumbling block. The single quotes that I copied and pasted into wp-config were slanted. When I deleted them and retyped them, they were vertical and presumably the proper way (at least in the godaddy file editor). This fixed my deep integration problem. Hope this helps someone.