Sign in to follow this  
sarahwhite

Internet Explorer issues with Platform Pro

sarahwhite

In internet explorer when viewing on a PC there is an odd border around the main content. http://sarahwhitetherapy.com/wordpress Also, when I scroll through carousel images, the left arrow moves on top of the images instead of staying where it is. Also, the photos sometimes open up in an new window, instead of the Next-Gen Gallery default popup window. Also, the entire top menu shifts at times so it becomes double layered with weird spaces. These are major bugs. Is it possible that I have settings wrong somewhere? Does support help fix these bugs? Or should I go to a different theme? Thanks, Sarah

cmunns

Yes of course we help fix those bugs, however they are not native to the theme. If you check the demo of PP in IE you'll see it looks normal. You may have some plugin conflicts or other issues going on.

sarahwhite

The only plugin I have running is the Next-Gen Gallery which is necessary for how I have the carousel set up. Can you please advise as to what "other issues" might be going on? Thanks! Sarah

sarahwhite

Here's a screencap that shows the arrow misplaced, the border, and the menu out of alignment. I couldnt' get a screencap with the menu in line - but it should be in one horizontal line. And if you look in other browsers it usually looks right. d1X3i.jpg

catrina

Are there no additional plugins installed and deactivated either? Also, any custom CSS added?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

sarahwhite

The only plugin active is: NextGEN Gallery. I have other plugins uploaded, but the are all inactive. I removed my custom CSS and am still having the same problem.

timlinson

I'm not seeing anything wrong in IE on my end: x0xh4.png Which version of IE are you using? Do you use any IE add-ons/plugins?

sarahwhite

I'm using Version 6.0, which I is an older version, but people still use it. I have no add-ons.

hakatours

Not that this helps Sarah, but I also have carousel issues with IE, where the images all crowd together as below (www.hakalodge.com) and have tried this in both IE 9 and 8. Have no custom CSS with it so rather frustrating! I use the NextGen Gallery as well - as is required. sQ3EtOTmGsY

ricardo

Sarah, IE6 is probably the worst browser ever made! No attempts to comply with any existing standards or even to follow any logic within its product line. Do yourself a favor and upgrade your browser to something that, at the very least, meets the basic standards. Ricardo

ricardo

Ellen, I see your carousel fine, although it suffers from the same stuttering problem Sarah's and mine have. With IE 8 and 9 you see the carousel like that? No change whatsoever? Ricardo

cmunns

IE6 support is something we sorta stopped offering. If people are using a browser that is over 10 years old then they are just going to get bad results because the technology used to keep up with today is just not going to work with IE6, moreover we can't afford to bloat the code with a chasm of IE6 friendly code that is widely unsupported at this time. All other versions should work just fine though.

sarahwhite

Cool, thanks! That makes sense.

hakatours

Hi Ricardo, I am viewing via IE9. I hate it but I downloaded it in order to see these problems. So far using CSS I have managed to get my carousel to space the images evenly apart as it should, but it is still shoved to the RH side: http://screencast.com/t/Kwe9Sdy8 BTW, code I used in this was:

.jcarousel-clip-horizontal {
	width: 830px;
	}

The unfortunate case is that a lot of people still use IE so I can't really ignore it. But have run out of ideas of how to fix it!

ricardo

Ellen, I never saw the carousel doing that. I would bet that some other code is causing it. It can be as simple as an unclosed div to something more complicated as a javascript conflict. My suggestion is to run the page through a couple of HTML/CSS validation engines to see if they can spot anything wrong and if that fails, you need to start debugging it by disabling plugins, removing parts of code from the site, etc. Anyway, I ask you to please open a thread with your answer/findings (+ a link back to this thread) as your issue is different and possibly unrelated to Sarah's. Ricardo

cmunns

Ellen, Why would the carousel look fine on the home page but not on the ChristChurch page? There is something you modified? or you may not just have enough items in the carousel yet for it to work properly?

hyest

Well, if nothing else.. by browsing the forums this morning I learned that naked therapy looks pretty good to me! Also.. IE6 needs to be permanently banned from the internet. Also x2.. there's 2 of you with issues but it would have been better if you would have left an actual page up with the carousel not working correctly so it can be troubleshot properly, it might have been something that could have been changed with CSS that you may have overlooked