Sign in to follow this  
mtantow

Help needed in Footer section The Latest

mtantow

I have left "The Latest" middle footer section as in PageLines default. However on one page it is now creating an error and is not only displaying the first few lines but the full last article. Please have a look at http://cloudtimes.org/about-us/ It seems ok on other pages. Thanks for your help! Martin

ricardo

Hey Martin! There's something unique on that page, either because it exists only there or because it's placed in a particular spot on that page alone, like the twitter counter for example. I have no idea what's wrong but there's so many complex foreign elements on the page that any of them can be causing that. I advise you to take everything out, one at a time to see which one is causing that. Before that, is that page template used anywhere else? Ricardo

cmunns

You have some unclosed html elements somewhere. Is there anything on the sidebar of this page that is unique to this page?

mtantow

Thanks Ricardo and Adam, The problem is caused by the Wordpress Plugin Wordpress Users which is creating this page. Since the plugin is already quite old, maybe you can help with a quick fix? Here is the plugin description: http://kempwire.com/wordpress-users-plugin Martin

mtantow

Ricardo, Great, thanks. That actually helped and the page looks much better now. Can you advise how to make <div class ='user-posts'>%authorurl%</div> actually a clickable URL? (see the page) Thanks again Martin

ricardo

You mean like this?

<div class="user-posts">< a href="/author/mtantow/" >Martin Tantow < /a ></div>

You have to remove those spaces before and after ">" and "<" Ricardo

mtantow

It has to be user generic. In the plugin you recommended, there are certain fields that are displayed for all users to create the list. So far I have: <div class ='user-thumbnail'>%thumbnail%</div> <b><div class ='user-name'>%firstname% %lastname%</div></b> <div class ='user-bio'>%bio%</div> <div class ='user-posts'>%authorurl%</div> Just that the last one only displays the URL but doesn't make it clickable.

ricardo

Aahhh! I see, then try this:

<div class='user-posts'>< a href="%authorurl%" >%firstname% %lastname% < /a ></div>

Ricardo

ricardo

You forgot to remove the spaces =) Ricardo

mtantow

Excellent. Got it. Thanks a lot!