Sign in to follow this  
jfiffick

Help with H Tags

jfiffick

Hi, We just purchased your theme and are having trouble with H Tags. Basically when we choose a heading style the theme does allow a space between the heading and the paragraph text. Is there an easy work around for this? Thanks and great theme! Joe

Sourena

What exactly do you want to do?

alefba.us

Web Development & Design for Right-to-Left languages

jfiffick

I just want one or two spaces between my headings and my paragraph text. Thanks!

cmunns

You have to remove the auto paragraphing in WP. Add this to you -Base functions.php file `remove_filter('the_content', 'wpautop');`

jfiffick

Thanks Adam, where do I find the base,php file? Sorry to be such a noob...

jfiffick

Also, wouldn't that destroy all of the formatting in my pages? I've never had a problem with any other theme, is this a platform pro bug?

catrina

The functions.php file can be found in Appearance > Editor on your Dashboard. You can select it from the right side of the page and the text editor for it will appear. Paste the filter provided at the bottom of the file.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jfiffick

For me that's a terrible solution because then I have to go back and hand code every page. I've worked with many other wordpress themes and have NEVER had this problem. I'm fairly disappointed and may ask for a refund.

cmunns

Okay then you will have to add CSS to your header elements to add the spacing that you are looking for. I just assumed that you were getting annoyed with the WP auto formatting Give us a link and we'll help with the spacing correction.

jfiffick

Thanks, the site is www.stevenstraub.com. That's not going to be the url for the live site, it's simply a mockup until the content is complete.

timlinson

The theme has this blanket rule for the headings: ` h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 { font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.2em; margin: 0 0 0.1em; padding: 0; ` `}` You can override the padding by adding something like this to platformpro > settings > custom code > custom css: `h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 {padding-bottom:10px;}` or style them separately, etc.