Sign in to follow this  
alargeau

Strange nav behaviour

alargeau

Hello, I'm posting because the nav bar behaves strangely. I'm running a website in two languages thanks to the WPML plugin. I got rid of the search bar since I needed more space and it works fine with the default language. But for some reason, the other language menu behaves as if the search bar was present, even though it doesn't show. As a matter of fact, there is a button which appears under the nav bar (as if the nav didn't have enough room). There's plenty of space for it to go on the nav bar but for some reason it doesn't go there. The default language menu has more characters and it displays correctly, so I really don't understand why the other language menu won't display correctly. Thanks.

Kate

Hi Aur?©lien, This actually sounds like it might be a plugin problem. But, if you're able to post a link to your site, we can probably help you get it fixed up.

alargeau

Hello Kate, Thanks a lot for your reply. Sure I can post a link, so here it is. As you'll see, the French menu is just fine but the English one is not.

cmunns

Not sure why the /en/ is causing the global option to fail there, but you can fix with css override. In theme options - Custom code - Custom css add this: ` #nav ul#menu-main-nav, #nav ul.mnav, #nav ul#menu-main { float: left; width: 890px; } `

alargeau

Hello Adam and thanks a lot!! It worked great and the menu now displays correctly. Would you know by any chance if it's possible to "tell" the menu to occupy the whole nav, without leaving this empty space on the right?

catrina

It might be possible to increase the width of each menu item so that the menu appears to be filling the entire width of that navigation bar. Do you mind that?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse