Sign in to follow this  
andersen3

Remove Post Title Move Universal Sidebar Down

andersen3

Hi, I am currently working on my new website on a local host server. I am trying to remove the post titles from the homepage, but I don't know what code I have to use. I am also trying to move the universal sidebar down, so It's closer to the main content. You can check out this picture for further understanding: http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/7245/pagelineex.png By the way, I am using Platform Pro and running it in Blog Mode. I hope some of you can help me. Thank you, Christian

ricardo

Hi Christian! Add this to PlatformPro Settings > Custom Code > Custom CSS Rules to remove the titles from your home page:

body.home div.post-title-section { display: none; }

Regarding the universal sidebar, are you using that to name the blog section bellow? Ricardo

andersen3

Yes. I actually also only want it to show on the blog page. So I need a code that will move it down to the content and a code that makes it show on only the blog page. Can you help me?

Kate

Actually, in Settings->PlatformPro->Template Setup you can drag and drop the sidebar from the page types where you do or don't want them. In this case, make sure that the only templates it's in the right column for are "Posts Pages" and "Single Post Page".

ricardo

It would be better to add a hook to your child theme's functions to add the title there. Add the following to functions.php:

add_action('pagelines_before_maincontent', 'add_title_to_posts_area');
		function add_title_to_posts_area(){
			?>
			<div class="mytitle"><h2>My Title</h2></div>
		<?php }

Change the div class and add CSS rules to tweak the appearance. Ricardo

andersen3

Thank you very much, I just can't seem to get it to work. Could you explain it a little bit easier? I pasted the code to my functions.php file.? Now what? I still don't see anything... Thanks, Christian

ricardo

Bah! Sorry, I forgot to close the div =P I fixed the code above! Ricardo

andersen3

Hi Ricardo, I still don't see anything. Do I have to change anything myself in the code when I add it to functions.php? Right now I just added the code from above. -Christian

ricardo

You should add it to the bottom of the file, can't add anything before the call to setup.php If it still doesn't work, make sure you are updating the platformbase/functions.php file and that you are using the Platform Base child theme and not the main one. Ricardo

andersen3

It's funny, I'm still not seeing anything. It is suppose to create a title right above the content, right? I did add it to the bottom of the 'function.php' file, just by copying and pasting, but I'm still not seeing anything.. Can you help me? I really appreciate your help... /Christian

ricardo

If you have double checked everything and it's till not there, I don't know what else I can do without seeing the site. Maybe you can save this for later when you put the site online! Ricardo