Sign in to follow this  
steelmayhem

submenu not working

steelmayhem

I created multiple pages under a parent page and I saved it under the parent page as well as went into the menu section and saved them under their parent page. however, when i go in to the site none are showing when i move my mouse over that page. any thoughts?

catrina

Did you enable the dropdown menu setting under Theme Options > Header And Nav?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

revoltoid
Hello, I have exactly the same problem and I don't seem to have any options regarding submenus under the Header and Nav options. :-S I have Platform Pro and I saved a page as a child to a parent page, but nothing appeares that looks like a submenu. What am I missing?

revoltoid
not sure if it helps but my site is: http://istvanmagyar.com there is a page called 'prices' and 'weddings' would be the parent page.

Danny
Hi Revoltoid, So you don't see this option in PlatformPro Settings --> Header and Nav --> Drop Down Navigation - Nav and BrandNav Section [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Toqm7.jpg[/IMG]

Please search our forums, before posting!

revoltoid
Hello Danny, I do have that option and it is checked and the drop down menus work fine. But what I need is the sub-navigation to work (I called it submenu), as described in the first video on this page from 1:30-2:25 : http://www.pagelines.com/docs/menus-navigation I have a page called 'Prices'. It is set to be a sub-navigation item under the 'Weddings' main menu item. It just simply doesn't appear. On my Wordpress Dashboard in the list of pages, the page is shown correctly as a sub-page (-prices, with the - character symbolizing a sub-menu page), also if I type into the address line of the browser http://istvanmagyar.com/weddings/prices/ telling the browser to follow the route, the page loads. It is only the fact that 'Prices' never turn up as a sub-navigation item. Thanks

Rob
On the Weddings page, in the page setup, did you select the secondary menu you created that has Prices in it?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

revoltoid
I don't have any other custom menu created apart from my main menu, (which contains: home-weddings-gallery-info-contact items at the very moment) so there is no other choice there in the settings you mentioned than the main menu. The way I understand it I don't have to have one. Secondary menu is something I create and place it under the main menu, while sub-navigation is a dynamically generated page-dependent thing. Am I right? I don't want a second line of menu items under the main menu, but I would like to have different sub-menu items under each main menu items.

revoltoid
I try to explain it simpler as even I don't understand what I wrote. My main menu looks like: HOME WEDDINGS GALLERY INFO CONTACT When I push/hit/select WEDDINGS, I would like the main menu and what is under it to look like this: HOME WEDDINGS GALLERY INFO CONTACT Prices Style Testimonies Awards Book Etc Etc And lets say I introduce another main menu item called PORTRAITS, and the sub-nav to look like this, when PORTRAITS is selected: HOME WEDDINGS PORTRAITS GALLERY INFO CONTACT Studio Outdoors Lifestyle Fashion Etc Etc Thanks

revoltoid
What do you guys suggest, should I start an individual thread for my question? It is just crawling down in the list and disappears in the mist of posts. It was not my thread originally, I just thought there was no need to start one if I find an old one dealing with the same question, but might be useful it seems.

Kate
It's actually quite simple to accomplish this with WP menus. Go to Appearance->Menus. For each main menu item (eg: "Portraits"), you'll want to have a list of sub-menu items. That list will only show up if those items are manually dragged and dropped onto the menu area. They must also be indented below the main menu item that is to act as the parent.