Sign in to follow this  
pintsize

specific content in sidebar for each page - possible?

pintsize

I'd like to put a specific photo and paragraph of text in the sidebar of each subpage. Can this be done? Would it require custom programming?

cmunns

Possible? ...yes How familiar are you with programming? It will require some custom modifications.

pintsize

I can copy & paste pretty well. ;-) Seriously, I can read and replace values in php, but I can't write it from scratch.

Andrew

nah.. this is easy.. just edit the sidebar.php file. You probably want to place the information in a `

content
` :)

pintsize

Adding a widget div to sidebar.php is easy enough. But I need a widget to select which content to display on which page. Or is that where the custom programming comes in?

pintsize

Thanks, Widget Logic is a good start. I have installed it and I can get custom content to display on one page at a time. I checked the readme and it seems that the variables are based on post or category tags...and I'm using neither. I'm wondering if I can modify the php statement so that if page title = whatever, display this image. I posted to the black-hole WP support forum and also posted a request to wp-pro list. I'm hoping someone can help me arrive a working script. If possible, I will share it here.

mindsovermedia

I would like to do the same - post specific content in the main_sidebar widget for specific pages. For instance on this law site - have the estate planning links appear on the Estate Planning page; and the criminal law links to appear on the Criminal Law page. http://denvercriminaldefenseandestateplanning.com/criminal-lawyer-denver http://denvercriminaldefenseandestateplanning.com/estate-planning-denver Sounds like I can't do this with WP-Logic if it's based on post or category tags.

cmunns

I recommend starting a new thread since this one has been marked as resolved you may not get answers.

mindsovermedia

Problem solved! Your "Docs" section explains how to do it. http://www.pagelines.com/docs/category/sidebars-and-widgets The Secondary Sidebar widget area is intended as a replacement for the Main Sidebar on selected pages. For example, if you??™d like a specific set of widgets only to replace the Main Sidebar widgets on certain pages, you would use this sidebar. For the pages you??™d like to set to use the Secondary Sidebar, mark this in the Page Options in the Page Editor.