Sign in to follow this  
amazing

Feature banner customisation

amazing

Hi, I bought this theme for $150 envisioning total creative control of the banner... i was envisioning opaque images and gradients with more than one colour. for example at the very least something like this ..... please tell me I can do something with this. thanks y'all.

amazing

..very disappointed. I have no feature appearing in my site. http://66.147.244.238/~amazinp2/ I have no idea how to get it. Hours wasted. I can't believe the much hyped support of your product consists of documentation - for a different theme. I honestly dont know what I have paid for. Please help. I want my feature slider displayed, I want to customise the background of the slides, I want support. Or i want my money back.

catrina

Do you have the banner images that you want to use for your website?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

amazing

not finalised yet. i need to do some testing once the feature slider is working. why is it not being displayed?

catrina

Did you enable the feature slider in Theme Options > Pages And Posts?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

amazing

Checked box "Show feature template on posts page?" is that what you mean by "enable the feature slider"?

catrina

Yes. Is the feature slider still not showing up on the main page when you do that?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

catrina

Go to Settings > Reading and select "A static page" for the "Front page displays" option. Select any page to be the static page under the dropdown menu and save the options. Refresh your website and let me know if the feature slider shows up or not (this is just a test to see what happens).

Designer | Catrina Dulay

amazing

already have a static page set no show.

catrina

Deactivate any plugins you have to see if that's causing the slider to not show.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

amazing

no plugins have been installed. .....!!

Simon

in the page options do you have feature set as the page template?

catrina

Open the Page editor for the page you set as the static page and under the Page Attributes section on the right side, select "Feature Page - With Page Content/Sidebar" from the dropdown menu and update the page. If this doesn't work, then I'll forward this issue since I'm looking at your source code and the feature slider just isn't showing up there either.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

amazing

thanks simon. not hard at all... wheres the ecopro theme documentation / user guide when you need it?? thanks again. perhaps now we can look into the original question... a simple explanation on customising the banner?

catrina

There are no feature banners in EcoPro... unless you're referring to the images inside the feature slider, which you can edit in Feature Setup.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

amazing

i am reffering to the green banner. can i make it an image? if so ... how ..please>! thankyou

catrina

I'm sorry, but I don't see any green banner on your site. The background color for your feature slider is currently gray. Is this the "banner" you're referring to?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

timlinson

you can put this in ecopro > theme options > custom code > custom css: ` #spotlight .effect { background: url( Banner_gradient_top.jpg) no-repeat !important; background-size: 100% 100% !important; } `

amazing

Many thanks Tim! So simple and effective. My final question, before resolution of this thread... How to have each feature slide a different background?? Thanks again!

kastelic

You could target the divs of each feature, like: #WELCOME #CUBAN_SAFARIES #CANCUN_TO_CUBA etc. much the same way you did the other background. However, the background of these wont be the width of the browser window, just the width of the feature itself.

amazing

"to target the DIVS of each feature ..." ? pls excuse my lack of knowledge -- what does that require? (Thanks Jimmy)

cmunns

Unfortunately this final request is not possible without custom coding. It would require a callback function to change the CSS based on each active feature slide.