Sign in to follow this  
gcmprior

Using Dynamic Header with Base theme

gcmprior

can anyone help me get dynamic header to work in my site? The closest I can get is getting the headers to appear in my Content area, or getting two headers (one of them short) in the header area.

ricardo

Hi George! Can you post a link to your site? I'm having trouble understanding what your problem is. Thanks! Ricardo

gcmprior

Hi, Ricardo - thanks so much for responding! I'm really stumped here. First, sorry, but I'm building the site on my local Wampserver, because it's for a currently active site, so I don't know how easy it is for you to look at. Here's the thread I was asking about this issue on earlier:http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic/9143 The link Shawn sent me to says to load the code into template.content.php - but that results in a little short header in my Content area.

ricardo

But why did you open a new thread? Is this a different issue? Ricardo

gcmprior

No, same issue, but eight hours have gone by with no further input, and when threads get low in the page they get forgotten.

gcmprior

I've been trying to solve this all day, and I'm sure it's not that hard.

ricardo

George, Do you realize that the 3 answers I've written here and the time I spent doing that, could have been used to help you in your real problem? Please don't open new threads for the same issue, it just fragments the discussion. I understand your frustration but we are users just like yourself and as you can see there's a lot of people who need help too. If you are in a rush, your best option is to hire someone to fix that for you, if not, please be patient. Ricardo

gcmprior

Sorry, I didn't know I was doing something so bad as to deserve that lecture. re: "Do you realize that the 3 answers I've written here and the time I spent doing that, could have been used to help you in your real problem?" Your second and third answers were involved in chastising me for re-asking the question. You could have saved both of us all this time by just answering it, if you could.

ricardo

It's wasn't a lecture nor was that my intention, sorry if it came across that way. Ricardo

gcmprior

I'm very sorry to have been impatient, also. You guys have made a product that is shaping the future of site design, and there's clearly a lot of interest. I'm sure you're busy with many questions and problems, and I sincerely appreciate your time.

Simon

I will look into this now for you.

gcmprior

Great, thanks! Let me know what further info could help.

Simon

Right, sussed it. Install the dynamic headers plugin that was mentioned in the other thread. Make a folder called header-images in your wp-content folder. `/blog_root/wp-content/header-images/` Now add this bit of code to your platformbase functions.php: http://pln.so/e

gcmprior

If I copy the header.php from PP to Base, and insert the code, I can get the new header - but in addition to the menu and header selected by PP. Double header. If I just insert the code into the template.content file, making it the second line, I get the same thing: the original header and menu selected by PP, and the additional header below, then the content.

Simon

dont copy any template files, the code i pasted is a filter to replace the default logo with the one from the dynamic-headers plugin.

Simon

Put the template files back to original, and put my code in your functions file, then set a custom header in the page options

gcmprior

Okay - thanks so much for your help - I haven't time to try it yet tonight, but will first thing a.m. and respond.

gcmprior

Yes! That's some bit of code! Had a tense moment until I figured out that a custom logo has to be chosen in the Global Options page for this to work. Now works a charm. Thanks so much.