Sign in to follow this  
dionjwilliams

Platform Pro - How to put a sidebar right next to featured slider

dionjwilliams

Hey there, I'm want to have a featured slider at the top of my homepage but I also want to have an opt in form right next to the featured slider on the right side. I figured that I would have to put it in a sidebar right? But everytime i add a sidebar it either puts it above or below the featured slider... I can't have it side by side. Please help. Thanks!

dionjwilliams

Thanks Tim, I was reading the other threads. And I see the code that they were talking about putting it. My question is... where EXACTLY do i put the codes because I'm trying and nothing is happening. I think I may be putting it in the wrong place. Thanks

dionjwilliams

Here is the code #feature-area, .feature-wrap, #feature_slider .fmedia, #feature_slider .fcontent, #feature_slider .text-bottom .fmedia .dcol-pad, #feature_slider .text-bottom .feature-pad, #feature_slider .text-none .fmedia .dcol-pad { height: 350px; width: 641px; } .home #feature_slider, .home #header, .home #feature .content {width: 641px;} .home #sidebar-wrap{margin-top:-440px;} And I am trying to put it under the Custom Code section where it says CSS Rules

kastelic

how about a link to your site?

dionjwilliams

www.Chemistmarketing.com

catrina

You'll need to add the code to a sidebar that sticks on the right side (not the bottom) or else the sidebar will be underneath the feature slider no matter what. From there, we can reduce the width of the feature slider and move the sidebar up. Which layout design mode are you using?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

dionjwilliams

I'm using the layout with the single sidebar on the right. And which sidebar should i put it in? I've tried to put in different sidebars but i still get the same result =/

catrina

I think because you don't have any main content, the sidebars are full-width. Which layout mode are you using?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

dionjwilliams

I'm using the layout mode that has the main content and the blue side bar on the right. Do the soapboxes that i have on my services page not count as content?

catrina

The soapboxes count as a section, but it doesn't really count as a "content area" (compared to the main content area where blog posts appear).

Designer | Catrina Dulay

dionjwilliams

I've already tried to add content like posts and still the sidebars ends up being full width!

timlinson

Can you post a screenshot of your Layout Editor settings page?

dionjwilliams

Sure. Here it is Screen-shot-2011-05-09-at-7.14.12-PM.png

catrina

Is the site design mode (in Settings > Design Control) set to Full Width Design with Canvas or Full Width Design Framework?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

getneeks

Hello There. This is exactly what I am trying to do? Where did you put the code to add the opt in form? Thanks Monique

jayswat
This is such a common request that I wish there was a detailed tutorial on how to accomplish this.