Sign in to follow this  
traqfitness

Social Media Widget in Top header to the right

traqfitness

How do I add the "Social Media Widget" to the right top of the website. I deleted the standard icons and want this widget to be displayed? I have station pro and the widget is already installed. TRAQ 3D Fitness Website

catrina

The sidebar area will need to be enabled first in order for the widget to show and from there, it's possible to move it up. Is that widget the only widget that you have enabled in Appearance > Widgets?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

traqfitness

Catrina, thank you for responding. How do I activate the sidebar widget? Yes that is the only widget I have enabled

kastelic

Do you want the social media widget to appear in the header on all pages, even the homepage?

traqfitness

Jimmy, yes that is what I want

kastelic

Well theres no widget area in the header. You can however input any code you want into the header using a hook. If a widget has any shortcodes available you can put this in the place of your code using the do_shortcode() function: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/do_shortcode. Otherwise, sometimes the widget's documentation will give you the code that you use to insert directly into your template. To learn how to use a hook check out: http://www.pagelines.com/docs/base-child-theme. The example video actually shows something very similar to what you are trying to do.

traqfitness

Thanks for your input, this look to be a bit over my knowlegde unfortunately... :(

traqfitness

Hi Catrina, that would be the best option for me. Im just not sure how to exactly do it? Im using Station Pro. Any ideas?

catrina

Ah, sorry, I forgot you weren't using PlatformPro, so editing the child base theme wouldn't be possible since there is no child base theme for StationPro. Is there any plugin you've seen like the social media widget that doesn't have to be put into a widget?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

traqfitness

Catrina, At this point I would love to just insert some code somewhere that will allow me to have Facebook, MySpace YouTube, Linked In etc on the top right. Even if they are small pictures you click on to go to the websites

catrina

If you already the icons for Facebook, MySpace, YouTube, and LinkedIn, they can be inserted manually into the header if it's too difficult for the social media widget to be implemented.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

traqfitness

I would love to do that. Have any idea what code would work for that?

catrina

I'm not sure why this idea didn't come before, but I think the easiest thing to do is to use the Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc. link options at the bottom of Theme Options > Header And Nav so that no coding has to be done. Have you tried using those options yet?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

traqfitness

Yes, I added those icons. Thanks so much Catrina!