Sign in to follow this  
dbasplus

PlatformPro Design Control Colors not updating correctly

dbasplus

Have an issue with PlatformPro when changing colours via the Design Control screen. Specifically I'm trying to change the "Basic Layout Colors", and it doesn't always seem to save the settings correctly. When I refresh my website the old colours are still there. I have tried all the usual tricks, emptying the cache, restarting browser, different browsers etc but to no avail. I then looked in dynamic.css and found that it wasn't actually saving my new colour choice! This only happens sometimes and I can't see any pattern (so it can't be a permission error). Annoyingly it seems to only save when I'm doing bright "test" colours during development, not my final specifically chosen colours! I'm running Windows 7 Pro, IIS, Latest versions of PHP and MySQL (downloaded & installed last week). All other sections of PlatformPro seem to be working fine. Any suggestions?

cshoffmann

Sounds like it may be a browser caching issue. Try clearing your cache in the browser. Are you using Internet Explorer? If so, that is unfortunately an unfriendly browser choice. If you are seeing the changes saved in the dynamic, then there done. Provide us a link so we may take a look.

ricardo

Have you checked file and dir permissions? Ricardo

dbasplus

I thought it may be caching too, but I have tried emptying the cache and viewing the site in 4 different browsers (IE9, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) with the same results in each. The changes are not saved to the dynamic.css file, although my selections do appear on the Design Control screen correctly! If I go in a manually edit the dynamic.css file then my colours work perfectly every time, which makes me think its not the cache. Can't give you a link unfortunately as it's only on a testing machine while I'm learning about PlatformPro and Wordpress.

dbasplus

Re:permissions. Yes they are all ok. The changes are *sometimes* saved which proves the permissions are fine. All other settings in PlatformPro are working fine.

ricardo

Sorry, I'm not familiar with your development environment. The fastest way to """fix""" that would be changing your development environment. Can you do that? Maybe using a lamp/mamp package.... Ricardo

dbasplus

Would love to but don't think the boss will let me just for this! Might see if I can get the site on a public server and test it there. It's more annoying than anything, I don't like bugs that only *sometimes* happen.

ricardo

Barney, I have no idea if the devs work in a similar environment so if I were you, I would wait for them to comment (can a mod mark this thread for dev review please?) But if you are pressed for time, installing on a public server is the best option right now. Good luck! Ricardo

Simon

Have you tried switching to 'inline css' under misc options.

dbasplus

Wasn't aware of inline css but thanks, will give it a try and report back after the weekend.

steelmayhem

Im running into the exact same problem with colors not changing. Ive also tried using different browsers to no avail. im not as program savy. i just posted a thread yesterday for help too.