Sign in to follow this  
steelmayhem

background and body colors

steelmayhem

Im having trouble changing colors of the body page and background.if i want to do 2 different scenarios: 1. have a two tone color scheme over the entire page and background where would i exactly do this and how. 2. also, if i just wanted to do a color to be alligned with the feature box height entire width what could i do? thanks Mark

catrina

1. You can control the color of the site's overall background and page background using Design Control. 2. To change the feature area background color, add this CSS to the custom code area or the base.css file:

#feature {background-color: #xxxxxx;}

Change xxxxxx to the hex code for the color you want.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

steelmayhem

Im pulling my hair out trying to get any color changes. everything i do is not working in the design control panel. can someone look at it for me? its a demo site now at newsite.loanofficermarketingvideos.com ive gone in and done the css code above as well as try and change background, body colors and nothing seems to change.

catrina

Did you upgrade recently or make any other changes to your site?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

steelmayhem

no, its a brand new site. no upgrades. i saw another post with someone with exact same problem with colors not saving. any suggestions?

kastelic

So you basically want like one color at the top all the way across, and the rest is a different color? I would use a background image thats the height of the top color, which is just a 10px wide jpeg of the color you want. Set it as the backgorund image in design control and set it to tile horizonatally. Then set the page background color to the other color. If you are having trouble getting colors to save at all click on the little colored box and either select the color from the color-selection popup box or paste the hex code in the same popup box. Don't try to paste the hex code right in the white text-field.

steelmayhem

for the image background to go on each side of the feature, what css code should i use?

catrina

Sorry, to clarify: do you want the image background to stretch from one side of the feature area to the other side or just have it appear on both sides?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

steelmayhem

appear on both sides of the feature section only.

catrina

Upload the image you want and input the URLs for it in the following CSS...

#feature {border-left-image: url('http://URLFORIMAGEGOESHERE'); border-right-image: url('http://URLFORIMAGEGOESHERE');}

Designer | Catrina Dulay