Sign in to follow this  
josh1178

Tabbed Carousel like http://www.apple.com/mac/

josh1178

I'm wanting to make a tabbed carousel like Apple has on their mac page. Does anyone know if this is possible? The fancy effects are cool, but not necessary. I just want a tabbed carousel for products. I'm using Platform Pro, but forgot to post there... sorry! Thanks!

josh1178

Thank you very much Adam, that looks great...but, isn't quite what I'm looking for. I'm not sure I made my goal clear, so I'll try re-state it. I'd basically like to setup several Platform carousels inside of tabs. If I could insert a carousel with shortcode into one tab and another carousel with shortcode into another, this would be ideal. Is there a carousel shortcode? I use a plugin now for tabs that works great called: WordPress Tabs Slides I'd set it up like this, thanks! {tab=Tab 1} NEXT GEN CAROUSEL 1 {tab=Tab 2} NEXT GEN CAROUSEL 2 {/tabs}

catrina

If you have a carousel plugin that generates shortcodes for different carousels, it might be possible.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

josh1178

Aha, I will look around for carousel plugins then as an alternative. Thanks.

Kate

Hey Josh, The other option is to actually call the page inside of each of those tabs. (You can call a page just as you call a post.) Then, on each of those pages you could have your carousel setup... even using the built-in admin area on the post edit screen. Just brainstorming... but that should work in theory :)

josh1178

Hey Kate, sounds promising. Do you think you could elaborate a bit as to what you mean when you say 'call a page'. Thanks!

cmunns

I'm not sure what she means...I'm assuming though she wants you to make pages and use iframes to tab it?