Sign in to follow this  
pmac

How to set up feature boxes on index page ( not static)

pmac

Hi there! Playing around with Whitehouse Pro. On my index page I have the feature slider set up and have The blog set up so that it shows my last 5 posts. How do I get feature boxes to appear below the feature slider with this set up? I can set up a static page to get the feature boxes but then how do I get my latest posts to show up? Thanks for any help you might be able to provide!

cmunns

There should be an option in the Blog and Post settings for "show features on blog page" or something of the like.

pmac

Yes there is:

Features On Blog/Posts Page Show the features template on your blog or posts page.
I have this checked but only the feature slider appears. The Feature boxes dont. #stumped

catrina

I notice this happening when I set it up this way, too, and I can't recall anyone else having this same problem (unless it has gone unnoticed). I'll forward it...

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

pmac

Does anyone else have an idea about this? It seems to me that this must be a common way to set up a blog. In essence, all I want to do is have my index page show my latest posts along with the feature slider and feature boxes. There must be a way to do this no?

cmunns

It's simple although there is no option for it. In template_posts.php in your theme library files, look for this line: ` if(VPRO && (is_page_template('page-feature.php') || m_pagelines('featureboxes', $pagelines_ID))) $fboxes_template = true; ` change it to : ` if(VPRO && (is_page_template('page-feature.php') || m_pagelines('featureboxes', $pagelines_ID)) || is_home()) $fboxes_template = true; `