Sign in to follow this  
Gavin_

Changing the border line at the bottom of the page

Gavin_

I'd like to replace the border lines that appear at the bottom of pages with a fancy squiggle image i've tried to locate the code and this is the nearest i got... but i only want to change the line at the bottom of pages - not widget titles etc... hr, .fpost, .clip_box, .widget-title, #buddypress-page .item-list li, .metabar a, #morefoot .widget-title, #site #dsq-content h3, .post.fpost .entry, #soapbox .fboxinfo, #primary-nav #nav_row, .fpost.sticky { border-color: #BFB35A; } any ideas? thanks for your help

bonngean

Got a web link we can look at? --Bonnie

cmunns

`.fpost {border:0px;}` ... to remove it.

Gavin_

If i wanted to add a shadow to the the fpost border how do i do that? i've tried a few bits without success. something like this: border-top:1px solid #cfcfcf; height:1px; width:100%; background:#fff; what i'm trying to get is the same border effect as seen on this page http://uploaded.to/ in the middle. thanks in advance.

catrina

To add a shadow effect, you'll need a gradient image and that image can be added using CSS. In the example site you posted, is the shadow area you're referring to the light grey shadow that fades to white at the top?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Gavin_

yep that's the one

catrina

Are you comfortable with using an image editing program to create the gradient? (That gradient image will be set as a background image in the CSS - it's separate from the border property)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Gavin_

i can use photoshop. but will the image also be used as the underline for the titles in the sidebar?

catrina

No, it will just be the image for the background. What look are you trying to accomplish with the sidebar titles? That can be taken care of separately since it's a different page element.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Gavin_

the same effect

catrina

You can create a smaller version of the gradient, which can fit behind the sidebar titles and then that could also be set up using CSS.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Gavin_

thanks - i'll create the image and see what i can do...

catrina

You can upload the images using Media Library and then the appropriate CSS can be applied (in Custom Code or base.css in the child theme).

Designer | Catrina Dulay