Sign in to follow this  
bonngean

How to resize highlight padding

bonngean

Hi, I've been over this time and time again using Firebug and nothing seems to work. I want to change the padding on my highlight image. When I use Firebug and make the changes there, it works the way I want it to. But... when I copy the settings to my base.css file, it doesn't change at all. Am I using the right parameters? I think so, as I said it works in Firebug... but not inside the base.css file. Here's what I want to change: http://imgur.com/tu58v Here's the CSS code I am currently using that worked in Firebug but does not take hold on my web site.

#highlight .content-pad .highlight-area {
	    padding-bottom: 40px;
	    padding-left: 0 !important;
	    padding-right: 0 !important;
	    padding-top: 0 !important;
	}

Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks --Bonnie Gean

ricardo

Bonnie, Instead of adding the code to base.css, have you tried adding it to PlatformPro Settings > Custom Code > Custom CSS Rules? Second, I'm not sure what's your objective (reduce or increase) but try adding !important to the padding-bottom as well. Anyway, this would be easier to debug if we could access the site directly and knew what are you trying to accomplish. Ricardo

bonngean

@Ricardo, Thanks for replying. My site is here: http://herodawn.com/membership/member/ I want to take the highlight graphic (the red bar) and remove the padding on top so it's not 40px by default, but can be 15px instead or even -0-. When I use firebug it works when I place it into my base.css file, it doesn't. What can I do to remove that extra padding at the top of the red graphic, underneath my nav bar? It's the graphic causing the space, not the nav bar. --Bonnie

catrina

Have you tried adding the CSS to your custom code area? What other custom code is there (if any)?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

bonngean

@Catrina, Thanks so much for the suggestion. I added my CSS to the custom code section and it worked flawlessly. That's really strange though, that it would work in the custom code area but not in base.css Anyways, thanks to you both for the help. It's all fixed and working now! --Bonnie

ricardo

Bonnie, I've also ponder about that myself. I'm not sure if this is written anywhere or not but I've implicitly realized, from the way CSS is built in the parent & child theme relation, that base.css is meant for new code and the Custom CSS Rules area is meant for overrides. Ricardo