Sign in to follow this  
miracle959

Disable Main Navigation Page Link

miracle959

I want my parent navigation menu item to display, but I don't want it to be a click-able link to an actual page; I only want the child sub-navigation menu items to link to an actual page. Is there a way to do this? I tried hiding the page itself, but that removes it from the navigation menu. In this link, as an example, I want the "competitions" item to remain visible, but not link to a page, only serve as a 'menu heading' of sorts for the child navigation under it. Hope that makes sense. pI6Up I'm using the latest Platform Pro & I am completely new to all this, so break it down simply and clearly! Thanks

ricardo

Hi Brinn! I'm not sure you are using a custom menu so I'll explain it from there. Go to Appearance > Menus and create a new menu. Using the Custom Links panel, add the parent links by adding the desired label and using "#" (without the quotes) as the URL (make sure you remove http://). After that you just add the real pages under the parent items. Save and make sure you select that manu in the Theme Locations panel. Ricardo

miracle959

Great, that worked. Thanks!