Sign in to follow this  
andersbell

Feature Next and Previous

andersbell

Hi there, I have customised the Platform Pro features section as I wanted a previous/next and pause/play navigation floating above the media image instead of in the feature footer. Pause/Play is fine. However, for some reason I cannot get the #next and #previous buttons working properly. It will fire once, either getting the previous or next slide, but then both buttons stop working and the page just refreshes due to the '#'. Anyone have any ideas? My current changes are below: In the script I deleted the reference to the pager that I didn't need and added next and previous. Left everything else alone in the section apart from commenting out the feature-footer.

printf( "$j('#cycle').cycle({fx: '%s', sync: %d, timeout: %d, speed: %d, prev: '#prev', next: '#next'});", $feffect, $fsync, $timeout, $speed );

And the media frame div
	<div class="media-frame">
														ID, 'feature-media-image', true);?>" />
														<div id="buttons" style="position: absolute; right: 0; bottom: 0; width: 112px; height: 35px;">

<span id="prev">previous</span>
													<?php if(pagelines('timeout') != 0 && pagelines('feature_playpause')):?><span class="playpause pause"><span>? </span></span>
	<?php endif;?>
													<span id="next">next</span>
													</div>												</div>
	[/code]

I am able to get this working using the cycle plugin alone, so am at a loss to understand why this dos not work. Thanks in advance for any help. I'm currently developing this on a local host so no URL for now. Anders

catrina

Have you considered using CSS instead to change the position of the feature footer? That way, you'll avoid editing any of the core files...

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse