Sign in to follow this  
jamiewalden

Replacing search box with html for login box

jamiewalden

I'd like to replace the search box that is aligned with the main navs with a some html that pulls a username field and submit button. Any ideas? Thanks for your help. blog.americandatanetwork.com

ricardo

Hi Jamie! Not sure you have enough space there for 2 text fields + button.... In any case I would say your best option is to use the selector in PlatformPro Settings > Header and Nav > Hide Search to hide the search form and then, either place the login form there with CSS absolute positioning or doing it by adding a hook to functions.php. Ricardo

jamiewalden

Hey Ricardo, thanks for the response. I'm not much of a coder. Just have sort of learned a bit here and there. Could you expound on how I might implement after hiding the search box? This is the code I was provided for the login form: <form id="form1" runat="server"> <input type="text" name="username" id="username" onfocus="if (this.value == 'Enter Your Online ID') {this.value = '';}" onblur="if (this.value == '') {this.value = 'Enter Your Online ID';}" /><input type="button" value="Login" /> </form> <script> document.getElementById("username").value = "Enter Your Online ID"; </script> Thanks again. I appreciate you taking the time.

ricardo

???? where did that come from? Where do you want people to log in? Your wordpress site or somewhere else?

jamiewalden

It's to a backend database of our, one of our data base guys provided it to me. They will then enter their password on on the next page.

ricardo

Jamie, One of your database guys probably can do that for you. If not, you should hire someone. Ricardo