Sign in to follow this  
simonkempmaccom

iBlogPro 4 - How to get rid of all sidebars?

simonkempmaccom

Hi, I have the following custom code on my site .blog #sidebar {display:none;} .blog #maincontent {width:960px;} But when a blog post title is clicked the sidebar appears. What code would I have to insert to have *no* sidebars at all on the site. Here's the URL: www.hyde-end.net If you go directly to the blog there is no sidebar due to the above code. Here's the URL of the first blog post http://hyde-end.net/packshot-photography-reading-berkshire/ Click on it and as you can see, there is a sidebar :( TIA for any help. Simon

simonkempmaccom

Hmmm... Adding the code #sidebar {display:none;} removes the (accordion) sidebar on the blog posts but the width of the post is still constrained. I guess I have to add some more code to expand the width of the individual posts back to 960px (?). TIA again.

catrina

The individual posts are at full-width/960px when I check. Did you find a solution?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

simonkempmaccom

Thanks Catrina - no, they are still constrained to a narrower width with the accordion sidebar in place when you click on a post title or link to an individual post i.e. http://hyde-end.net/packshot-photography-reading-berkshire/ It's a shame as you can't click on the wordpress categories to reveal individual posts without having the images cropped by the sidebar. :(

Kate

Hey Simon, I think this is the code you're looking for:

.single #sidebar{display:none;}
	.single #maincontent{width:960px;}

Hopefully I understood you correctly. If not, feel free to let us know.

simonkempmaccom

So it seems removing the content from the sidebar via the widget page and then using this custom code #maincontent{width:960px} does the trick.

simonkempmaccom

Thank you Kate. I didn't notice your post until I stumbled across the solution as detailed above. I'm reluctant to mess with it as it works now! Thanks for the post though, I have bookmarked it in case it needs fixing again.