Sign in to follow this  
Keith Vaugh

Sidebar

Keith Vaugh

Is it possible to have a different sidebar for some pages? I get the impression from the documentation that it is. My layout is 1 sidebar on the right of the content area. I think SB2 only works when you have two sidebars. SB1 shows up fine, but I initially thought that SB2 would replace it if the primary sidebar was hidden on the particular page (provided widgets were placed in SB2). This did not work. I have also tried to add widgets to the Tertiary bar and hide SB1, but still no luck. Any advise or assistance would be most appreciated Thanks in advance.

artemesia66

I think you want to use a secondary sidebar, rather than sidebar 2--sidebar 2 is beside sidebar one. Primary and Secondary (and tertiary and Base can be swapped in and out of Sidebar 1 or 2). Load the secondary sidebar section in under the primary sidebar on the sidebar 1 template and then turn them on and off as needed.

Keith Vaugh

Hi Janet Thanks for the reply, but I am little confused about what you are saying. A secondary sidebar is what I want so that I can activate the primary or the secondary as required When you say

Load the secondary sidebar section in under the primary sidebar on the sidebar 1 template and then turn them on and off as needed
what do you mean? Thanks

artemesia66

Sidebar 2 and the Secondary sidebar aren't the same thing. Sidebar 2 is a template area, to the right of sidebar 1. The Primary, Secondary, Tertiary, Universal, Base sidebars go into either Sidebar 1 or Sidebar 2 sections. You put them in there in the Template Setup tab.

Keith Vaugh

Thank you very much. They finally make sense.

artemesia66

You're welcome. it took me awhile to figure that out, too.

jamesjamesblundellcom

HI I'm reading this as I thought it might be relevant to my problem. We want to have 2 sidebars on the right on the homepage with 6 widgets in 2 columns just showing on the homepage, then on internal pages we want to have the option of different sets of widgets, ie on the left hand side a sub-pages navigation and a custom menu on certain pages also