Sign in to follow this  
krumvillebakeshop

CSS conflict?

krumvillebakeshop

Hello, Wondering if what's happening to my home page is some sort of CSS conflict, all the other pages on the site are fine except the home page, is missing the white border on top of the image. here is the list of all the CSS rules: .fixed_width #branding .content-pad { padding: 0px 10px 10px 0px; } #primary-nav,#page-main { background: #fff; } #cred {display: none;} #h1 {font-size: 1em;} p {font-size: 1.1em;} h2 {font-size: 1.4em;} #nav_row.main_nav, ul.sf-menu ul li { border-bottom: 3px solid;} .banner_container .banner-area { padding: 5px 10px 0px 0px; } ul.main-nav li.page_item {font-size: 16px;} #primary-nav li.page_item a:hover {color:black;} #menu-nav a:hover {color:#000000 !important;} .current_page_ancestor a, .children .current_page_item a {color:#000000 !important;} .current_page_item ul {color:#000000 !important;} .children a {color:#757575 !important; .banner-content { font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.6em; } #maincontent.container.fix { margin-top: -0px; } any idea what could cause this? thanks in advance for your help! Antonella HRsc5s.jpg

cshoffmann

can you provide the site link so we may take a look? The screenshot is too small to see.

krumvillebakeshop

the link image above is too small, here is a bigger version. HRsc5.jpg

krumvillebakeshop

hi Shawn! my site is private at the moment, so I provided a bigger screen shot on the link above, if is not enough please let me know. thanks!

cmunns

You might need to remove the margin on top of the feature slider. Try this CSS `#feature {margin-top:0px;}` ...but its hard to tell without a live link. Cool site by the way

krumvillebakeshop

Thanks Adam for the compliment! I'm having fun with the platform...is like playing chess! your code did move the feature up, but is not fixing the problem. Is seams I'm missing white background. Also, I can't figure out why the yellow canvas is so long after the end of the white page? I just made the site live so if you could check it out, that would be great! http://www.krumvillebakeshop.com/

catrina

I see the white background behind the main content, but not behind the admin bar, which is what I'm assuming you're referring to. The links at the bottom are the same color as the background, which is why they look like they disappeared. This also explains why the yellow canvas appears to be extending too long. Add this to your CSS and from there, we'll be able to figure out how to align the content correctly:

#wp-admin-bar {background-color: #fff;}

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

krumvillebakeshop

thanks Catrina for revealing the Admin bar, is there a way not to have it showing on the site, would be strange if every visitor could see that. Also, my initial problem was this thick yellow braking line that only happens in the home page right above the the big homepage image. if you see what the other pages look like you'll see that there is a white space between pictures and the yellow line under the navigation menu. any ideas why that's happening only on the home page? thank you so much for the help! antonella

Kate

Hi Antonella, Only logged in visitors will see the admin bar. Second: I couldn't seem to find why that space was there. But, since it's only on the home page, you can use this code to fix it:

.home #page-main{margin-top:-10px !important;}
Also, make sure you add an end bracket to this line:
.children a {color:#757575 !important;

krumvillebakeshop

Hi kate, Thank for the reply. that didn't work, is weird because it worked fine until yesterday. I can't figure out what I can do about it. any other ideas?