Sign in to follow this  
alisamski

Nav width modifications

alisamski

Platform Pro Trying to Tweak a wider nav. how do you tweak the overall width of the nav menu with a reduced search area? If your page size is 960 what can you code in CSS to tweak a bit more room inside the nav area so as not to go to a second line? I'd like to have the option of just a tweak instead of resorting to the below which I have done. I've done a number of things to allow for menu titles to fit across the primary nav... 0. Making titles as short as possible 1.Using a variety of page sizes from 960 minimum... with a reduced search bar... 2.enlarging my page size 3.Removing search bar and relocating it 4.Menu font size smaller. There is clearly more room.. around 20 px or so which can be played with to tweak... for the life of me, what is causing the padding.. ? Firefox looks as if it has less room between menu items and search field. Safari looks like there is lots of room between.

Kate

Hi Alisa, Because the nav is "inside" of the main div, it will definitely take some "tweaking". But, it's hard to tell you exactly what to do without a link to your site. If you can provide that, that would be great.

alisamski

Heres the Link When I Add the word Us to Contact... it will bounce to a second line... I reduced the primary nav font... now to find the secondary page code to reduce that one... I would rather just tweek if I could...

Kate

There's a couple different ways to approach it, but the easiest would probably be to just widen that nav area. You can add this to the CSS:

#primary-nav ul.main-nav{width:780px;}

alisamski

that did it.. thank you