Sign in to follow this  
juliaper

change thumbnail size from categories pages

juliaper

Hi, I have already been discussing this in another thread, but it was suggested I should open a new one. platform pro 1.3.5 The question is: How to change the thumbnail size from category pages, maintaing their quality? link I've tried using CSS, but strangely the image is being called from an automatically created file that reduces the image size to a 40x40 px, so when I add the CSS to enlarge it, the image gets totally distorted. The CSS I was using, but I've removed it is: .clip .clip-thumb a{ height:100px; width:100px; float:left; margin-right: 20px; margin-bottom:10px; } .clip .clip-thumb img { height:100px; width:100px; padding: 4px; display:block; margin:0 0 0.4em; I found it on this thread: Changing sizes of thumbnails (excerpts) Thanks a lot, Julia

Kate

Hi Julia, How many thumbnails do you have? Is it possible to regenerate them? In the media settings of the dashboard, make sure that the thumbnail size is larger than 100x100, otherwise they will continue to be distorted.

yesterdayshero

Has there been any feedback to this? Am trying to work out how to have the thumbnails (.clip-thumb) larger on the category page.

kastelic

I noticed in the previous thread that you said setting the thumbnail size to something different in the media settings didn't work, but I believe changing this setting only affects images uploaded after you change it, it doesn't retroactively resize thumbnails.

juliaper

Hi all, My thumbnails size are set since the beginning for bigger than 100x100. I would like to create something like this with my category pages.. But the thumbnails get automatically created on /wp-content/gallery/cache/ that I can't have access to change the settings and they are set to be 40x40 px and so they get distorted if I apply a CSS like the one below: .wp-post-image{ height:150px; width:150px; } Please help me on how to make the thumbnails bigger and the image maintaining the good quality. Thank you, Julia

cmunns

clip thumb is set in the template.postloop.php file. You have to change this line `<?php the_post_thumbnail(array( 40, 40 ));?>` To the pixel dimensions you want. We should do this in -Base and copy over the template post file

dietjeduvel

Thanks Adam!!! You saved my day!

khero
hi, i have the same problem but can't manage to fix it. the html in the posts page is forcing the source file for the thumbnails to be 150x150, as i can see in the image file name "/image_150x150.jpg" in the html source code of the page. i would like to have larger thumbnails for my design, so i followed CMUNNS's directions, found the line "" in the "template.postloop.php" file, changed the values of the array from "40, 40" to "350, 350", but still the template is displaying the thumbnail taken from a resized 150x150 miniature of my high resolution image. i've also tried following the second tip "We should do this in -Base and copy over the template post file", but i honestly don't know what this "-Base" thing is! sorry but it's my very first time with PlatformPro. can u please help me to change the source image file from the one the template creates (/image_150x150.jpg) to the original file "/image.jpg", or at least a "/image_350x350.jpg" if the template can't use the original size. of course i've set custom thumbnail sizes in my css, which are 282x350 for the featured post in magazine mode, and 275x170 for the clip posts. thanks!