Sign in to follow this  
mike-d

Latest Post on Front Page, Exerpts everywhere else

mike-d

I have White House Pro 2, awesome theme! I am trying to make the home page/Front page show just the latest post (alone) without the last 5 trailing behind it. I want to keep the excerpt feature on category pages etc. so turning off the except feature doesn't really work. Under "Settings/reading" I can limit the feeds to 1 post but then hitting main categories shows only one post instead of all posts in the category. make sence? I just want the latest post to appear in it's entirety on the home page alone and leave all other variables alone. Is this possible?

Andrew

yes, its possible ... but might require some custom coding... do you know PHP? Also, have you looked at the "_posts.php" file?

mike-d

Yeah, I am learning php... slowly... I have always been more on graphics side. I'll take a look at the posts.php file, anything specific I should be looking for?

Andrew

well this is the file that controls how your posts work... you might use conditionals or switch to the `get_posts()` function (a WP function) to create the behavior you're looking for.