Sign in to follow this  
markw

HTML error cant resolve.

markw

I go into wordpress suing whitehouse pro. Im in page mode. I write something in the page in html. Here is an example: At domain.com we always take great pride and care into what our members and visitors If you need any support or have a question, feedback or suggestion, you can use the form below to contact us. </P><-------if I put this </P> here and click on update then come back to it it will dissapear every time i edit it. The same has happened when i put in a youtube video and put some html in like centering the video. It will not change until i click on edit then the html i entered will dissapear. This is a huge probelem becuase everytime i put in some type of html it stays until i need to edit that page then all the html i put in dissapears--and all that hard work for nothing.Help!!!!

Kate

Hi Mark, A couple of things. First, you're using the HTML editor mode, correct? Second, have you tried this with the default TwentyTen theme? What happens?

markw

Kate, I am using the whitehouse pro i paid for last year.When I make a post i click on add post. That takes me to where you can either type in visual mode or html. So i choose html. Is there something else. Is html editor mode what i described?

markw

Kate--I apologize. I am not in add post. I am merely editing on the page itself. Not in post. Sorry--so maybe that makes a difference.

Kate

Hi Mark, Thanks for the additional information. Actually, the page edit and post edit should work the same way. Do you have any plugins installed? If so, please try deactivating those to see if the problem persists. If it doesn't, then reactivate the plugins one by one to find the culprit.