Sign in to follow this  
spunkybean

Feature Slider image linking

spunkybean

Is there a way to make the entire image in the Feature Slider a hyperlink to the post?

cshoffmann

Not yet, but I think that is under development for an upcoming release.

spunkybean

Hi Shaun, Thanks for your quick response. Do you have any idea when the release date might be?

Kate

Hi Mike, I'm not sure when the exact release date is, but we'll keep you posted. It's also possible to do it now with custom CSS. Basically, you would use the image as the background. Then, you would input your desired link in either the link box for the feature set, or the HTML area. Then, simply modify the CSS of the link to take over the whole box.

jfitch

I modified the code further to: <div style="margin-left:-20px; margin-top:-20px;"><div style="background-color:orange;height:330px;width:1000px;"></div></div> This gets rid of the top/left border (was actually 20px) But it still won't make the overlay section clickable. Also, I am not real happy with this code ... Can anyone explain how to do this better? Many thanks in advance!

jfitch

Just noticed that some of the code I put in has been stripped out... To explain, I put the link to the post code inside the first div and then put the second div inside the link code (hope that makes sense!)

Kate

Hey John, If you have a link to your site, I can help you fix it up.

Kate

Hey John, Just to make sure what you want... It looks like you just about have it. When I hover over the right portion of the image, the link works. Do you want it to work for the entire image? If so, are you going to keep the overlay in the left portion?

jfitch

@Kate Yes I want it so that if they click anywhere on the image or the overlay section (regardless of wether the overlay is right left etc) that they are taken to the appropriate post @ Simon Thanks for the link. I am using the method you explained in your image eEZ7j.png But is doesn't make it clickable in the overlay section (and also for me it doesn't make the whole image clickable - for some reason there is a 20px margin-top and margin-left) I should mention I changed the width of my content section to 1000px, hence the code I have put in to get it working in its current state is:

<div style="margin-left:-20px; margin-top:-20px;"><link code>div style="height:330px;width:1000px;"></div></link code></div>

(I didn't type in the link code above as it doesn't seem to want to post it to this forum properly!)

jfitch

Hi Adam - so does that work for the overlay section as well (regardless of side of overlay)? Also does that mean I need to hard code each link in the theme individually - so put the code you mention in 3 times if there are three featured sliders?