Sign in to follow this  
jessica_murray

tried to raise navigation; lost website

jessica_murray

Hello, This is my website: www.presentperfectenglish.com. I am using platform pro to create it. I just got some really helpful advice about how to make the space between my logo/header and the content smaller by reducing the size of my logo, which I did and it worked well. Then, I wanted to see if I could raise the navigation. There were some answers about how to do that on the forums, so I tried one that suggested pasting this code into the body css: padding: 20px (top) 0px (right) 15px (bottom) __ (left - omitted); Change 15 to 0 (zero) and if that is not enough add this: #branding .content-pad, #branding .branding_wrap { padding-bottom: 0; margin-bottom: 0; } I did that, but now my sight looks completely different (colors, fonts, no logo, all sorts of pagelines features, etc.)So then I went and tried to delete it, but it was gone, or at least no longer visible in the css. So I reset the settings to default. I hoped that would bring my site back, but it didn't. Is there any way to bring it back? I was trying not to repeat a forum question, but I think that was a big mistake. Thanks for any advice you can give.

kastelic

Were you editing a file and if so, which one? Or were you putting the CSS code in Custom Code -> Custom CSS in the PlatformPro settings?

jessica_murray

I did the second one, putting the css code in the custom code. I was trying to raise the menu closer/next to the logo on each page.

kastelic

So right now you have no Custom CSS in there at all? And what are the exact errors that are appearing? I see a logo there, but its the Pagelines logo, did you have a different one? What do you mean by 'all sorts of pagelines features'? If you reset the settings, have you tried going back and setting the colors to what you want again?

jessica_murray

I don't think there is any custom code in there. I did have a different logo, a different icon before the url; and the page layout, colors, and what was included on the default page were all different. Also, under "home" there was an about page and under test prep there were 2 other pages: TOEFL and GRE. Those pages aren't displaying anywhere, though I haven't checked to see if they are still somewhere under the pageline settings. I haven't gone back to try to redo things--I guess that is my question, and I think you are saying that I have to start over to get back to where I was. If so, thanks for taking a look. I was hoping that I could somehow change some code or find a saved version of my site that was the way I had it before I changed the code and then reset the defaults, but that's probably what I get for resetting the defaults...am I out of luck? Thanks for your help, Jess

kastelic

If you restored the options to default, then yes you have to go back and redo them. As far as the menu items, go into Appearance -> Menus, and manually create a menu there and then set it as your primary menu.

jessica_murray

Thanks, Jimmy. Will do:)