Sign in to follow this  
jeomiland

Creating recent posts widget in box section

jeomiland

Hi All Please send ideas for the following. On http://itaptouch.com/dev/ you will see a box section w/3 boxes below the features slideshow. Does anyone know how to get recent posts to display in a box? I'd like to replace the Contact Us image in center box with a widget(?) that shows recent posts. Can this be done? Thanks in advance John

kastelic

Here's one way that may be the easiest. Use the Universal Sidebar, which is a main-content width widget area.

jeomiland

Hi Jimmy Thanks for that suggestion. I can create a widget in the U sidebar - but HOW to associate that with a section in a box??? I open the edit screen/page for that center box and see no place to specify widgets. More help is appreciated. Thanks John

kastelic

The theme does not support widgets in boxes.

malcfinch

How stupid is that !! Boxes don't support widgets. Boxes should support widgets. I want to add a Facebook widget to a box. Everything I try to do with pagelines is useless. What a waste of money it was buying this. So far carousels that don't rotate, boxes that don't allow widgets, features that you can't click...etc etc. Trash

ricardo

Malcolm, That's standard Wordpress. Posts and Pages don't support widgets too. At the very best, you can use a shortcode if the widget has a shortcode option. Ricardo

malcfinch

But these boxes are created by Pagelines, so why can't they include widgets, similar to a universal side bar.

catrina

Boxes don't have the same functionality as sidebars (which is where widget are usually located in a WordPress blog). They're edited more like post entries or regular pages within the site which, as Ricardo mentioned, don't allow widgets to be added using the post/page editor.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

ricardo

Because Boxes are a custom post type, not a template area. They have different purposes! You can have a million boxes but just one universal sidebar. You can group boxes using box sets and display a different set in each page and the sidebar is the same all over the entire site. Ricardo

malcfinch

I got around this issue by using amr shortcode any widget plugin. works perfectly. A box should be allowed to include widgets, posts, a gallery picture....basically whatever you need to put in it.

zflorido
I need to put a widget in a box... any idea how I can learn the shortcode Malcolm is talking about?

catrina
You can try private messaging him on this forum (I'm not sure if he's going to see this topic's new responses).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

artemesia66
http://webdesign.anmari.com/1649/shortcode-any-widget/ This is exactly what I wanted to do, and the widget works a treat. I get that boxes aren't really meant for this, that they're a custom post type, but I want to show the most recent post in a side-by-side column, under the feature slider, and I couldn't figure out any other way to do it. And I got tired of manually recreating my most recent blog posts as boxes. It would be great if there was a full-width widgetized sidebar that allowed for a user selectable number of columns.