Sign in to follow this  
jessica_murray

adjusting header and content height

jessica_murray

Hi, Here is the URL to my website: presentperfectenglish.com. I want to shorten the header space and raise the content area. I've read a few answers here that give a good idea of what I should do, but I am still a little confused. Right now, if I go to the CSS area, it says body{}. If I add custom code, does my code go inside the brackets or after the brackets? If I mess it up, can I just cut out the code, save it as body {} and will it return to default size? Thank you, Jessica

catrina

To shorten the header space, I think the branding image will need to be a bit smaller so that there isn't too much space that keeps the header's height too large.

Right now, if I go to the CSS area, it says body{}. If I add custom code, does my code go inside the brackets or after the brackets?
You can leave the body{} code alone for now. Any new CSS styling you add (that is for styling elements other than the body content) should be added below it.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jessica_murray

Thanks, Catrina. Are you saying that if I just make the logo smaller, that will take care of the issue?

catrina

Yes, because the site header adjusts to whatever the height of the branding image is. The logo is a large block, so if you made it smaller, the header's height would change and content would be raised up automatically.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jessica_murray

Great, I'll try it--thanks again!! That seems easier than trying to adjust the code:). Jess

jessica_murray

Hi Catrina, One last thought--what would you recommend for a good size? Thanks, and I think that's hopefully really it! Jessica