Sign in to follow this  
strategicblend

Why isn't there a text size option in Typography

strategicblend

I see every other option to edit fonts and text, except for size. Why is this not included as an editable area?

catrina

I'm not quite sure why the developers didn't include this in the Typography area, but the font size could be easily adjusted using CSS in the custom area or the base.css file (when the child theme is activated).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Simon

Install TinyMCE Advanced from the wordpress.org plugins repo, it'll add font size to you post editor, and a whole lot more.

cshoffmann

h1 {font-size: #em;} h2 {font-size: #em;} h3 {font-size: #em;} h4 {font-size: #em;} h5 {font-size: #em;} p {font-size: #em;} That's the custom code to put in your custom css or base.css file. Remember 1em equals 10pt font. The above controls headings and the basic paragraph font.

strategicblend

Thanks all! I actually am quite skilled with CSS, so its not an issue of how to do it. Its just baffling that they wouldn't actually include such an obvious feature in the settings

krumvillebakeshop

I was wondering the same thing, I'm finding the typography section quite confusing and lacking in a font size feature. Also I'm not familiar with CSS so that's makes it even harder! Thank you Shaun for posting the above CSS codes. I have a question about where to insert them in the CSS Rule window, In Genera, do I insert the new rules on top or on the bottom of all the other CSS rules?

cmunns

New rules always go on bottom to take precedence.

rattigan

Hi, I'm using the free Pagelines Platform theme. Is there some way I can do this? The only thing I really dislike about the theme at the moment is the slightly too-large font size. I tried posting the suggested code into my CSS file, but it didn't do anything. (Sorry if I'm a bit naive. I'm not much with CSS!)

kastelic

Not sure if its in the free version but check for PlatformPro Settings -> Custom Code -> Custom CSS

rattigan

Nah, regular Pagelines platform has Settings > Custom Code, but not Custom CSS. There is Platform: Stylesheet (style.css) on the dashboard under Appearance > Editor, but I'm not sure where to insert the code if that's it. Thanks.

kastelic

Well on a regular install you would use base.css so you don't lose changes on updating, in the child theme, but since you are just trying it out, you can just put code at the bottom of that file.

Simon

You can still create a child theme with the free version here is a link to the codex: here

rattigan

Oh, I think I made it work now. Thanks! But I'm thinking my other problem is with the line spacing now. Will start another thread about that, as I see there's a rule about not branching off into other topics/questions. Here's my other question.