Sign in to follow this  
stylez84

Apache/PHP file too big

stylez84

I've been getting these weird errors in my Debian system log and I can't quite figure out what they mean. I'm running the latest Wordpress (3.1.2) and have disabled ALL plugins while troubleshooting this error. I'm using Apache2, nginx, and PHP 5.3 I believe. The errors below are generated whenever you load a page on the site even though the page appears to load fine.

May  1 08:49:22 webserver apache2: PHP Notice:  Unknown: 1. h->opened_path=[null]  h->filename=[/var/www/path/index.php]#012 in Unknown on line 0
	May  1 08:49:22 webserver apache2: PHP Notice:  Unknown: File is too big /var/www/path/index.php (397) - bailing#012 in Unknown on line 0
	May  1 08:49:22 webserver apache2: PHP Notice:  require(): 1. h->opened_path=[null]  h->filename=[./wp-blog-header.php]#012 in /var/www/path/index.php on line 17
	May  1 08:49:22 webserver apache2: PHP Notice:  require(): File is too big ./wp-blog-header.php (274) - bailing#012 in /var/www/path/index.php on line 17
	May  1 08:49:22 webserver apache2: PHP Notice:  require_once(): 1. h->opened_path=[/var/www/path/wp-load.php]  h->filename=[/var/www/path/wp-load.php]#012 in /var/www/path/wp-blog-header.php on line 12
	May  1 08:49:22 webserver apache2: PHP Notice:  require_once(): File is too big /var/www/path/wp-load.php (2453) - bailing#012 in /var/www/path/wp-blog-header.php on line 12

Any ideas what could cause this? It sounds like it could be a setting in PHP.ini but it's weird that it says the files are too big when they're really tiny. I also have another Wordpress blog as well as a complete vBulletin 4 suite running on the same system and the Pagelines blog is the only one generating these errors.

Simon

Strange errors there. Are you using nginx as a proxy for apache? Is apache serving the PHP? Is PHP running as a DSO or CGI? Is you PHP memory set too low? Could be the nginx settings.. I was running nginx/apache2 on my VPS and would be happy to show you the nginx.conf

stylez84

Yeah, nginx is a proxy for apache and apache is serving the PHP. PHP runs as a module and memory_limit is at 256M. I'm running on a VPS with about 750mb of available memory of which Apache is eating about 500mb right now. If you think the nginx.conf may have something to do with the errors, I'm open to suggestions! Thanks

stylez84

Thanks, I've looked through your conf but wasn't sure if there was anything that applied to my issue. I've since come to realize that it's not only my Pagelines blog that this is happening to but it appears to me my entire VPS. Not sure if this was the case when I originally posted or not - I thought it was only my Pagelines install. Still trying to figure this all out... I may have to get my host to look into it.