Sign in to follow this  
evowdov

Drag and drop not working

evowdov

Hey, I have purchased Platform Pro Developer today and everything was working fine for the first 2hrs. Now the I can not drag and drop any of the sections inside any of templates except for the Header template. I have no plug ins added and have not altered any of the settings. Please help ASAP as I'm getting extremely frustrated.

ricardo

Hi Jai! Have you tried logging out and restarting your browser? Ricardo

evowdov

Hey, I have tried absolutely everything I know. I have restarted my browser, logged in and out numerous times, deleted the whole theme out of my file directory on my hosting site, downloaded the Pageline files again and re-installed the themes. The thing is when I deleted the theme and reinstalled the theme all of my information and my settings and all the editing I had previously completed was still the same. I thought it would have returned to the stock format it came with. Any thoughts?? I'm pretty pissed off to say the least and frustrated as hell. I have been sitting here for over 10 hours trying to make this work. Cheers

ricardo

Have you tried another browser? That sounds a lot like browser issues. Ricardo

catrina

I agree with Ricardo. Try using other another browser (or several others) and see if the problem persists. Also, if you're using GoDaddy as your host, the might be the source of some problems, too.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

evowdov

Hey Team, For some reason my Firefox will not allow the drop and drag function :-/ Extremely weird. Thanks for the Help!! Cheers

ricardo

Hey Jai! If you find out what was the problem (extension, plugin, etc) please let us know. Ricardo

willhosier

I have a similar problem (or the same). Pagelinespro was working, then all of a sudden, I can only have one item per page template in the drag ad drop section. I can reset to default. I can remove items. If I try to add or remove and item then add another, it only recognizes the first one. Will not save more the one item per page template if changed from the default. The rest of wordpress seems fine. Other wordpress templates are working.

cornell2

I've never seen any drag and drop functionality since I've been using the platform. I tried both IE and Firefox (and Safari). And recently switched from Godaddy to Hostmonster

cornell2

Yeah, I just went through that test process (15 minutes of my life now wasted). I've had Platform Pro for a few weeks now ... and the test site is the same ... the only "drag and drop" I see is in the pageline settings - where one specifies the content areas (eg. add a breadcrumb component to single post template) having drag and drop in these areas does LITTLE to increase productivity - it's nice but not a major bragging point. I am pretty savvy with web dev products and when one advertises "drag and drop" it means something totally different. Mind you, I am not unhappy or disappointed at all in Platform Pro (except for the documentation and the overuse of videos). But with all the hype about a drag and drop interface, I thought I was missing something. Personally, I am not sure it needs any kind of WYSIWYG layout editor - that puts this tool in a completely different category for a different kind of user. But the 'drag and drop' claim is sure to mislead and disappoint people who paid. expecting a different kind of tool. (ie - someone who is wanting a drag and drop style of tool is going to be bewildered by all the references to modifying PHP code or CSS). Thanks for the reply!

ricardo

Hi CJ! Wow! Can you explain me what were you expecting from the drag and drop? Ricardo Ps. I'm still stunned you said it does little to increase productivity because with it I can test dozens of layout combinations without leaving the browser or messing with code, a huge time saver feature for me. The video on this page shows briefly the drag and drop interface at work, I don't want to waste any more of your time but do you mind having a look and confirming that this is what you saw? http://www.pagelines.com/docs/template-setup

cornell2

Actually my expectations (or needs) for drag and drop are almost nil, and I am happy and generally impressed with Platform Pro. That being said, I'll try to offer some objective insights (objective in the sense that I am new enough to notice the good and bad) A. drag and drop In any part of the website design tool world where a tool is to "abstract" coding and/or technical minutia from the user, drag and drop has the almost universal connotation of WYSIWYG - or more precisely - the connotation that the user can rearrange the visual objects on the *website* they are designing - not rearranging something on an admin panel. B. The drag and drop on that admin panel: IMHO - much ado about little. Two reasons: 1. ONCE I get an initial layout - the number of times I need to tweak the order of objects on the screen are generally rare. Drag and drop is not a big time saver nor a big selling point. 2. more important: Really, the drag and drop feature is merely moving a 'feature' (not an object) from column B into column A. More precisely - this activity is less of a "layout" one and more of an "activate or deactivate" and choose the hierarchical order. C. there are other UI techniques that achieve this task just as effectively (ie - I could merely click on an object in column B to add it to column A), then click a little up-arrow icon to move the object order up or down. personally - I am not missing any wysiwyg at all. but if the template setup were truly drag and drop - then it should be combined with the layout section: I should be able to see how many boxes are below my content-area, and see the sidebars, rearrange other features on the layout page. Please don't misunderstand. I think the dragging is nice - just not a major bragging point - and from a marketing perspective it can be a negative since you they might be creating unrealistic expectations, or attracting a user with expectations, who will only be disappointed. And, I would much rather have developers of PlatformPro spend time enhancing other features/functionality (or writing better documentation) than focusing on this issue.