Sign in to follow this  
rsm8186

How to change background image and layout

rsm8186

It may be more appropriate to find someone from the 'hire a pro section' to do this, but I'm trying to just make a few small changes to the layout of a site I'm working on using Platform Pro: http://174.120.180.251/~atemmel/ 1) I would like to make the top black bar (the one above the header image) a little thicker. (couldn't see anything in firebug...maybe this only appears when logged into wordpress?) 2) I need to somehow make it so that the background image I'm using only appears when the feature template is used, and remove the whitespace padding on either side. 3) I would like to be able to insert a background image on each page (such as the model home page) that would be placed just below the navigation. I'm trying to simulate the look of this site: http://www.kainehomes.com/calvert-county-real-estate.php I know I should be somehow editing the CSS of the base theme in order to create a child theme, but ever since I started creating Wordpress sites with no customization a couple of years ago I've lost any/all CSS abilities I might have had. If this level of customization is tough to explain how to do, I'm open to paying for instruction if you guys know anyone near Cleveland (or over phone would work too I'm sure). Thanks!

timlinson

#1 can be done by using this to platformpro > settings > custom code > custom css: `body { padding-top:10px; }`

ricardo

Hi Ryan! #1 - Tim answered already #2 - Feature pages have a specific body class and you can use that to set a background image. Add

body.page-template-page-alpha-php #something { background: url('/path/to/image.jpg') repeat-x; }

where something is either site, page or page-canvas, depends on how you have set it. Regarding the "whitespace padding on either side", I suppose you mean around the feature slider, right? Changing your Site Design Mode in Design Control fixes that if I'm not mistaken. #3 - If you want that unique in each page, I would say your best option is to use a custom field for the image. If that can be the same for all/some, then you can use just css but what it highly depends on want over that stripe. In any case, it's complex enough to make it quite hard to explain like this. Hire someone to do it for you if you can't. Ricardo