Sign in to follow this  
markw

Wordpress 31.2 Update didnt work with whitehouse pro theme

markw

I am hosting thru godaddy and I updated my site from 3.11 to 3.12 and it destroyed my site so i rolled back the driver to 3.11. Is whitehouse pro compatible to 3.12? If so how do i update my theme without loosing everything. ty

catrina

All themes should be compatible with any WordPress version, but from experience GoDaddy doesn't always play nicely with WordPress and some errors often occur during upgrades. Make sure you always have a back-up of your theme before updating it so that you don't lose the changes. Here's how to upgrade your theme the proper way: http://www.pagelines.com/docs/upgrading

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

catrina

Someone dealt with that problem before and the issue was resolved here: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic/8304 Try replicating what Michael did and see if that fixes the problem for you.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

kastelic

Godaddy is so typical with these types of problems. Here's what I recommend. Use phpMyadmin to backup your database to your computer. Then do a clean install of Wordpress via FTP, not godaddys one-click installer. Then upload your theme and activate. Finally, use phpMyadmin to upload the database.

markw

Thanks for the help. I reset the features to default--no more problem as of the moment. I will rebuild my feature boxes and see what happens. TY

catrina

Please let us know if the feature boxes work out fine after rebuilding. Thanks!

Designer | Catrina Dulay

markw

It worked. I just reset the features to default.Had to start over but it worked.Thanks for the help.