Sign in to follow this  
timothy

Raising The BrandNav

timothy

Hello, I want to close the space between my BrandNav bar and the top of the site. URL: spiritualmembers.com/astralprojection I want to shrink that space so it's nice and tight like youtube.com

catrina

Add this CSS to your custom code area or the base.css file in the activated child theme:

#brandnav {margin-top: -25px;}

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

timothy

Great. That works fine. Just one tweak. If you take a look: spiritualmembers.com/astralprojection The BrandNav links on the right side are not centered between the top and bottom. How would I change that? Would I just change the -25 to -15? I've just tried that it unfortunately it's not yielding any changes.

timlinson

you can add `#brandnav .main_nav {margin-top:10px;}` along with catrina's rule to push those right links back down a little.

timothy

I don't know why it does this, but when I place one of the codes in, save it, then refresh, it'll make the change. But then when I tweak the pixel size, or even remove the code, save it, then refresh, the change WON'T be made. It won't reverse.

timothy

OK Guys, Unfortunately, after using both codes, somehow my navbar has ended up looking very odd, and raised too high, where it's cut off at the top. (This is what I see on my browser) Please look: http://spiritualmembers.com/astralprojection All I want to do, is lower it a little bit to so it looks nice and tight-fitting, with equal space above and below, like youtube.com

Kate

Hey Timothy, Have you tried adjusting the margin-top value? Playing around with both of the values given should do the trick.